Director, Strategic Accounts & PartnershipsNovi, Michigan Additional Location: Novi, Michigan | Garching bei München, Germany Job ID: R-4793-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the role
The Car Audio Business unit is at the nucleus of driving transformative consumer-centric experiences in the car of the future. New features and functionality delivered through experiential software, coupled with new business and monetization models, will drive the aspiration of maintaining our #1 Market position in premium audio solutions. Pivotal to the success of this product strategy is developing a best-in-class Go-to-Market strategy for these new products and supporting it by establishing a robust ecosystem of partnerships with other Tier-1 suppliers, SOC manufacturers, and early engagement customers.
To help build this robust ecosystem, we are seeking a world-class product Go-to-Market strategist to join our team. This individual will lead the development of the Go-to-Market strategy, business, and pricing models to launch and monetize new technologies and products successfully.
What You Will Do
- Drive Market Success – This individual will and work closely with various cross-functional teams, including our Business Unit Product Management team and Business Unit Pre-sales experiential team, to build the business models, pricing models, and 360 launch strategies for new products and technologies in line with the product roadmaps. This individual will also set Account specific strategies in partnership with our customer sales Customer Business Unit (CBU) teams. S/He will be responsible for building out the short-mid-long range revenue plans and Go-to-Market plans and developing a successful global sales strategy for products & services to deliver on the revenue goals and win new profitable business.
- Deliver Revenue Goals – This individual will drive revenue growth by maximizing the potential for sales and supporting new business acquisitions in collaboration with the sales team in business pursuits from concept through business awards developing and leveraging critical partnerships as enablers to winning business.
- Live the Sales Lifecycle – Understand all aspects of the sales lifecycle from pre-sales to RFQ engagement and advise the sales teams on actions and responses to help win new business awards. Strengthen our early engagement and pre-sales pipeline development.
- Partnerships and Collaborations – Develop strategies to connect and partner with other automotive suppliers to leverage synergies and ensure that Harman is OEM customers’ first choice for Car Audio related solutions. He/she will also guide collaboration, cooperation, engage with potential partners, build value propositions for the relationships, joint venture negotiations with 3rd party technology suppliers and drive these relationships from identification to contracts.
- Be the Market Landscape Expert – S/He will anticipate industry and customer trends, constantly assess the competitive landscape, understand the needs of current and future customers, developing new strategies to help Harman win new business.
- Think “for” the Customer – Think beyond the technologies and understand key business drivers that will provide substantial value or improvements to customers and partners. Generate new profitmaking ideas and initiatives with disciplined risk and return criteria to build and grow cross-industry relationships to deliver ongoing value to the customers.
- Be a Growth Partner – Work as a global team player outside of specific responsibilities, establishing credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field
- 10+ years experience in business development, sales strategy or related field.
- Go-to-Market Strategy or business product management – must have a strategic mindset and expertise in bringing new products to market, understanding the various vital elements required to launch products, and securing early wins successfully.
- Business Development – must have an innate passion for business development and partnerships that drive value for customers and Harman. Experience in driving and leading partnership strategy and business model development and refinement, engagement in pitches, negotiations, and contract development and management.
- Business Acumen – To gauge what can be done and know what can be profitable is a crucial requirement for this role. The ability to manage near-term costs/risks with long-term partnership models is a critical requirement for this position.
- Communication Skills –will communicate effectively, motivate, coach, and develop techno-commercial excellence; is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and embrace change.
- Relationship Development Skills – Experience in building relationships, selling to and negotiating with top executives
- Strategy – This person must be a strategic technology leader; that is, must combine a solid technical foundation with forward-looking strategic skills to effectively develop a strategy to enable HARMAN to win new business
- Team Player – Negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; is considerate and can resolve conflict; understands what motivates different people
What is Nice to Have
- Go-to-Market or Business Product Management in similar or Enterprise Software industry
- Technology Partnership experience in Enterprise Software Industry
- Knowledge of automotive supplier or OEM space
- Working knowledge or direct experience working with Chip manufacturers like Qualcomm
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 50%, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office in Novi, MI
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
- Scholarship programs for employee family members
To protect our employees, customers, and communities, HARMAN requires all U.S. employees to disclose their vaccination status and share a copy of their vaccination card. This confidential data will be collected by a trusted third-party vendor via a secure portal upon your start at HARMAN.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)