Content Marketing SpecialistNovi, Michigan Additional Location: Novi, Michigan Job ID: R-8864-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Content Marketing Specialist plays an integral role within the Content Marketing Team. The Content Marketing team is responsible for developing content that is consistent, engaging, thought-leading, and illustrative of the high-quality products offered by HARMAN Automotive to help our sales teams in acquiring new customers or increasing business from existing customers.Able to create virtual experiences that help to promote the broad set of products and services offered by HARMAN.
What You Will Do
- Create content needed for sales enablement purposes; increase awareness of our technologies and services across multiple target audiences; and develop creative, innovative programs targeted at automotive industry prospects to generate leads and to win new business awards
- Produce content in many forms including print, digital, video, audio, animation, VR/AR, and much more.
- Write high-quality HARMAN articles, blogs, white papers, scripts for podcasts, video, and webinars, coordinate contributions from experts inside the company and well as partners, analysts, and customers
- Develop website copy that allows us to generate awareness and capture leads from our target audience
- Create virtual experiences that help to promote the broad set of products and services in HARMAN Connected Automotive
- Help the Customer Marketing team to bring all the required content to acquire new business; strategize and organize our CRM efforts; and
- Develop content for our lead nurturing programs implemented through our marketing automation tools.
- Conceive and develop and innovative marketing programs that drive demand such as Podcasts, Webinars, Videos, Parallax Scrolling, Digital Animations, Demo Videos, etc.
- Generate, track and nurture leads captured with the intent of moving top-of-funnel leads to closed sales
- Help further establish the company as an authority and a thought leader in our space
What You Need
- BA or BS degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Graphic Design, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in Content Marketing or related field
- Experience in the automotive and/or technology companies would be a plus but not required
- Experience creating marketing programs and materials
- Experience in measuring and reporting on content performance across multiple networks and technologies
- Technical aptitude, eloquent, creative
- Project management aptitude, structured approach
- Proven ability to manage effectively multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Very strong written communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing external agencies and contractors to develop world-class content
- Native or fluent English speaker, other languages are a plus
- Accustomed to working within an international team spread over different countries & regions
- Excellent people and management skills to interact across functional boundaries
What is Nice to Have
- A Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Creative thinker, capable and comfortable with generating innovative ideas. Proven ability to create unique and compelling positioning and messaging
- Loves storytelling with excellent speaking, writing, and editing skills
- Experience marketing Connected Car technologies and/or services
- Experience working with Project Management tools, Marketing Automation software, building PowerPoint presentations, and working with virtual event platforms.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 10%
- Be willing to work in the Novi, MI office
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
To protect our employees, customers, and communities, HARMAN requires all U.S. employees to disclose their vaccination status and share a copy of their vaccination card. This confidential data will be collected by a trusted third-party vendor via a secure portal upon your start at HARMAN.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)