Android Systems Engineer
Job ID: 121505
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with
people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and
teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on
and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a
difference and be proud of the work you do every
What You Will Do
- Your time as a Sr. Software Engineer will be devoted to developing and testing software. This role will allow you to function as a lead on projects and mentor less experienced engineers and interns.
- You will work extensively with Android OS. You will also work extensively with embedded C/C++.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Test software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participate in internal and customer-driven design reviews throughout the program.
- Coordinate software development activities with the software team leader.
- Identify product requirements or performance issues and work with the software team leader to negotiate a resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manage small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Manage large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Work with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of embedded software development or testing.
- 5 years of C++ or Java.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experience working in the field of embedded systems with familiarity in OSes like Android.
- Experience working on the core Android stack, especially with the framework & HAL,
- Working knowledge of Android-based systems and a very good understanding of ARM and Intel architectures.
- Prior experience of working on Linux Kernel drivers, Multimedia, Graphics and/or other Android HALs is an added advantage.
- Passion for developing new products, and experience working the complete SW development life cycle.
What is Nice to Have
- Previous experience in working on projects at a system level is a plus.
- This section should have no more than 5 bullets
- List additional job-related education, experience, skills, or credentials desired by Hiring Manager
- Preferred qualifications are specific enough to narrow down the applicant pool to the most potentially successful candidates but not so restrictive as to limit the consideration of applicants from under-represented groups and applicants with non-traditional career paths
- These qualifications may not be a must-have to the position but enhance a candidate’s ability to perform the role
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 10%
- Be willing to work in the Novi, MI office
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- This position requires the use of a HARMAN or customer-owned vehicle. As such, any offer of employment will be contingent upon having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in HARMAN’s sole discretion, no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- Extensive training opportunities through our own HARMAN University
- Competitive wellness benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to HARMAN Campus Fitness Center and Cafeteria
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work
environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and
competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)