Sr. Social Media Specialist, Global Marketing, PRONorthridge, California Additional Location: Northridge, California Job ID: R-12814-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
As the Senior Specialist, Social, Global Marketing, PRO, you will be developing and maintaining an overarching social media strategy that helps maintain Harman’s position as the preeminent company in Pro sound. You will work closely with the Global Marketing Communications on the development of the global social marketing strategy and the social assets for brands like JBL, Martin, AMX, and AKG. You will also work with the regional marketing teams to create sustained social strategies for future continued global product launches and campaigns.
The role is of an individual contributor.
What You Will Do
- Develop and implement Global social media strategy and oversee member social media programs, including managing social media partners, and curated content to support marketing-wide brand and demand-generation initiatives. Implement our global social strategy designed to be adaptable and scalable globally.
- Create and manage social programs, both paid and organic, with clear objectives and success metrics for all focus brands and channels (e. g., engagement, views, online conversations, tonal sentiment, etc.). Supporting product and brand messaging and initiatives. Outlining the community usage of the channel and the best strategy for the brand to engage meaningfully.
- Build 'playbook guidelines' for all channels and community management. Implement guidelines for best practices and optimization for each. Should include but are not limited to content examples, tone, posting cadence recommendation, platform functionality, and community support.
- Manage social agency and media budgets to ensure activation meets set strategy for key pro brand goals.
- Create communication flow with key internal teams and provide visibility with internal and external teammates, reflecting the key brand and product moments Must communicate and share regularly with; regions, partner teams, and cross-functional internal team
- Manage the flow of NPI, Global & Regional creative content on key brands. This includes implementing processes to ensure content is shared easily and in a timely manner.
- Utilize paid media campaigns to increase awareness with target customers, ecosystem, consideration, grow engagement and followers, and re-enforce brand affinity.
What You Need
- 5+ years of marketing experience in the digital arena and a college degree.
- Expertise in developing and executing social media strategies across platforms such as Social Studio, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, etc., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Analytics.
- Experience in or strong knowledge of the professional audio category
- Experience with technologies and best practices for web design, web production, and creative design across multiple platforms.
What is Nice to Have
- Experience working with and around music and sound professionals.
- Strong business background - As well as excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated creativity and out-of-the-box thinking – Constantly pushing new ideas to drive the brands forward.
- Problem-solving ability – Ability to solve open-ended problems common in marketing where many answers exist to the same problem.
- Maintain a forward-thinking and relevant attitude to be top of mind for consideration in our target consumers and ecosystem.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 20% of domestic and international travel.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- This position may require the use of a HARMAN or customer-owned vehicle. As such, any offer of employment will be contingent upon having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined at HARMAN’s sole discretion, no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
What We Offer
- Be part of the HARMAN Professional Global Marketing Team
- Competitive wellness benefits and 401K Savings Retirement plan.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration and collaboration in a global environment.
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, Harman/Kardon, etc.).
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program.
To protect our employees, customers, and communities, HARMAN requires all U.S. employees to disclose their vaccination status and share a copy of their vaccination card. This confidential data will be collected by a trusted third-party vendor via a secure portal upon your start at HARMAN.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)