Sr. Financial AnalystNorthridge, California, United States Job ID: 116389 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
Position Summary:The successful candidate will be a team player with a strong foundation in finance and accounting.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Analyzes and evaluates the company’s operating results and financial position.
- Works closely with sales and marketing to perform key analysis on new product proposals to ensure drive incremental growth and profit.
- Collaborates with operation team to improve the S&OP process and reduce inventory
- Analyzes pipeline to help sales team prioritize the projects and increase the revenue
- Performs discounting analysis on the impact of sales margin
- Conducts scenario analysis to valuate different pricing strategies from financial perspective
- Conducts analyses on departmental expenses for both forecast and budget; communicates and meets with departments leaders to discuss and solve the bridge
- Analyzes options for company improvement on expenses.
- Performs monthly reporting duties for executive management review.
- Coordinate with all regional sales leaders to gather and analyze weekly and quarterly forecast.
- Performs ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting
- 3-5 years of financial planning and analysis experience within a multinational manufacturing corporation.
- 3 years of cost accounting profitability analysis experience required.
- Strong understanding of Accounting concepts and applications.
- Strong understanding of Financial Planning, Modeling & Consolidation.
- Advanced Excel knowledge and experience (Vlookups, Pivot tables).
- Experience with SAP, Business Intelligence (BI) reporting systems, Business Planning & Consolidations tool (BPC), and CRM Dynamics.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of senior management both domestic and abroad.
- Ability to think independently and function well in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities without loss of accuracy or time.
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Master’s Degree Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- General knowledge of budgeting, cash management and financial analysis processes.
- Knowledge of SAP and Business Intelligence reporting systems.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans.
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization.
- Act as a Change Management enabler on various projects.
- Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them.
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development.
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, CA.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)