Senior Compensation ManagerNorthridge, California, United States Job ID: 117701 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
The Senior Compensation Manager will be managing and leading the planning, implementation, and administration of the Professional division’s rewards programs. This program attracts, retains, motivates, and rewards employees while ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness, and governmental compliance.
- Plan and implement the organization’s reward strategy so its compensation and benefits outcomes meet current and future business needs. Aligns local rewards programs with global rewards and overall business strategy.
- Implements competitive local compensation plans to improve consistency throughout the organization.
- Benchmarks best practices and makes recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Provides and improves communications regarding local rewards plans and designs.
- Educates Pro HR team on local compensation practices and future initiatives.
- Ensures competitive pay practices are maintained throughout the organization. Provides local rewards expertise and competitive insight to Human Resources partners, client groups and business leaders.
- Participates in compensation surveys.
- Administers local rewards programs, including annual compensation review and incentive plan administration.
- Develops salary recommendations based on compensation analyses and benchmarking of roles.
- Maintains and updates position descriptions, conducts job evaluations and grading.
- Conducts analysis related to cost and trends, and provides analytical data management support for measurement and tracking of key rewards HR-related metrics.
- Accurately interprets, counsels, communicates and educates managers and staff on local rewards policies and procedures to ensure the smooth operation of rewards initiatives.
- Evaluates local rewards plans related to mergers and acquisitions and the integration thereafter.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- In-depth understanding of technical applications in the rewards discipline.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex topics and interact with all levels of management and associates, including HR colleagues, Senior Executives, and Business leaders.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills along with proficiency with HRIS systems, spreadsheet and database software tools – specifically ADP GlobalView, Excel, PPT and Access.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and ensure excellent attention to detail.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional)
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)