Regional Distribution ManagerNorthridge, California, United States Job ID: 117775 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
The Regional Distribution Manager serves as the point of contact for resolving all issues regarding regional distribution center operations, order fulfillment, and 3PL partner performance. The successful candidate will lead & coach a team of logistics coordinators in managing the day to day execution, including issue resolution, collaboration with internal cross-functional partners, and measurement of service performance. This leader will embody all of Harman core Values & Competencies and excel in teamwork.
This experienced leader should be a solution-based thinker who is able to anticipate problems and collaborate with appropriate groups within and outside of the organization to develop effective recommendations and initiatives that improve the process, reduce cost, and enhance the customer experience.
Directly reporting to this position are the regional Distribution Center Managers (DCM) and logistics, distribution and warehouse staffs.
- Accountable for overall regional distribution performance including; meeting monthly & yearly revenue targets, initiating cost-cutting initiatives, reduction of lead times, driving lean and continuous improvements, streamlining operations, removing ambiguity by setting clear pathway matrices and setting key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Supervision: Build, develop and supervise teams to handle the receiving, warehouse management, distribution and logistics for in-bound and out-bound flow of materials and finished Goods. Responsible for development, training, and evaluation of our distribution center managers, including the leadership of our Professional division’s preferred 3PLs. Manage budget spending, including review and coding of distribution-related invoices.
- Interfaces with Regional Distribution Resources Planning (DRP) manager to optimize key indicators such as On-time in Full (OTIF), Customer care fill rates and DC inventory turns and backorders.
- Process management: Assist in the development and support of internal systems and business processes (warehouse management systems (WMS), barcoding, RFID implementation, ShipExec, scheduling, and distribution). Make recommendations with latest technologies, solutions & systems that will improve quality and optimize output.
- DC Management: Manage the maintenance and upkeep of the distribution centers to ensure each facility follow established Harman best in class standards. Works with each Distribution Center Manager (DCM) and 3PLs to meet Harman internal and external regulatory guidelines and audits (KPMG).
- Reviews, drives, and implements new process improvement initiatives to optimize tactical operations from backlog management, warehouse operations to delivery.
- Takes an active role as a participant or key business lead integrator for projects touching Distribution, Logistics, Transportation and 3PL warehousing.
- Communication: Ensures effective collaboration and communication with Harman Professional Solutions SBUs, CSU, Manufacturing, Operations and all other service groups for greater efficiencies in meeting strategic plans & objectives. Establish a systematic way to share knowledge and whether teams are winning or losing.
- 3PL oversight: Will foster and nurture a strategic partnership with our Professional Division’s preferred 3PLs including setting up and/or participating in quarter business review (QBRs).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Supply Chain Management or related field, or equivalent experience in distribution or operations management.
- A minimum of 7 years of management experience with preference in electronics distribution, delivery, warehousing and/or inventory management. Experience managing 3PL's is highly preferred.
- Experience utilizing financial and data-driven techniques to make sound business decisions.
- Must possess the social intelligence to influence and lead at the most senior levels within the organization
- The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and within OSHA's standard requirements.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration
- Ability to influence through effective verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work in a global, cross-functional organization
- Ability to balance workload and achieve key deliverables
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- A collaborative approach to working within a team environment
- Ability to travel, as needed to support job scope preferred.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Willingness to travel to our Moreno Valley warehouse several times monthly.
- Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, CA.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer-owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)