Product Manager - LoudspeakersNorthridge, California Job ID: 120580 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
Join the leader in professional loudspeakers and help us design and develop the next generation of cutting edge VTX Loudspeaker products. Our Professional Division is seeking an experienced and innovative Product Manager who will be responsible for the development, documentation, and management of professional loudspeakers as it relates to our VTX product line.
This position will report into the Director, Performance Audio. This critical individual contributor role will not have any direct reports.
What You Will Do
The position will help lead product development and documentation efforts for the JBL VTX product line and customer group. The position will have several responsibilities and the authority for making decisions as described below:
- Work with internal and external resources to drive product documentation like user manuals, specification sheets, catalogs, etc.
- Assist in product launches to ensure sales force readiness, accurate forecast, and product transitions.
- Work with internal and external resources to create product launch material like videos, PowerPoints, web pages, product photography, etc.
- Assist internal and external teams in developing training material for VTX systems.
- Responsible for product lifecycle management for all VTX and related products.
- Generation of market/product reports as needed.
- Collect, define and document requirements for new VTX loudspeaker products.
- Gather market research for new/existing products.
- Research and respond to daily product information requests.
- Help in accurately forecasting revenue from new and existing products in the market.
- Overall assistance in driving the delivery of the roadmap as needed.
- Monitor and report on the current global competitive landscape.
- Assist in evaluating and testing products/software during product development.
What You Need
- Minimum 5 years Live sound experience with a focus on loudspeaker systems.
- Deep product application knowledge and understanding of full-system solutions.
- Very strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Adobe applications like InDesign and Illustrator.
- Strong Microsoft Office expertise.
What is Nice to Have
- Experience with 2D/3D applications like Solidworks, AutoCAD or SketchUp.
- BA or BS degree in Business, Engineering, Communications or related field.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 30%, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office in Northridge, CA
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment.
- This position requires the use of a use of a HARMAN or customer-owned vehicle. As such, any offer of employment will be contingent upon having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in HARMAN’s sole discretion, no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years
What We Offer
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)