Manager, Technical SalesNorthridge, California Job ID: 129476 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
As a Technical Sales Manager, you will drive programs and initiatives to create new revenue opportunities with the OEM customer. Own creation and execution of collaborative programs that increase the sell-through of vehicles that carry Harman audio systems. This will encompass penetrating and developing opportunities across entire range of the go-to-market chain from product packaging to dealer end point programs.
You will not have any direct reports. You will represent Harman as regional technical sales to increase Harman audio option rates and support for program execution matters. This will include interacting with various levels of customer engineers, product-planning managers, program teams and customer sales operations to help grow the business.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep understanding of the OEM specific go-to-market approach (post engineering and purchasing) in the region and navigate their priorities to develop strategic plans that promote the joint agenda.
- Act as the primary contact on behalf of Harman and build collaborative relationships with the customer Regional and Local teams, Dealer management teams etc.
- Act as the primary Harman contact and consultant with these teams for strategic joint growth plans, and building compelling joint- value proposition oriented programs.
- Drive idea generation internally for creating disruptive and out-of-the-box ideas to help deliver revenue growth. Own pitching these ideas to the customer locally and seeking approval and support for programs from the customer
- Work closely with the regional marketing team to execute best-in-class plans, including dealer and customer programs and monitor and report internally and to the customer on the success of programs
- Lead program management function for these programs in your market. Develop detailed project plans, including campaign goals, disruptive ideas, action plans and success metrics for all the programs
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree, with a preference or background in technical sales.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in partner management, business development or demand generation marketing
- Experience working at or with an automotive OEM. Alternatively, experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services; enterprise software experience
- Experience designing and executing joint plans with strategic alliance partners with a global footprint
- Possess an expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing with and through the customer ecosystem
- Demonstrated experience in working with sales leaders in driving pipeline and revenue
- Excel at cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, problem solving and have a bias for action.
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible.
- Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Language preference; Korean speaking
What is Nice to Have
- 5+ year’s automotive experience in Infotainment or audio systems.
- Experience working with Korean automotive maker or supplier.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 20%, domestic and some international.
- This position requires the use of a HARMAN or customer-owned vehicle. As such, any offer of employment will be contingent upon having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in HARMAN’s sole discretion, no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
- Be willing to work in a home office, in Southern California, Orange County area.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN products (JBL, Harman Kardon, etc.)
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)