LEAP Digital SpecialistFarmington Hills, Michigan Job ID: 120085 Additional locations: Northridge; Novi; Richardson
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:Northridge; Novi; Richardson
About the Role
Ready to explore a world of opportunities? If so, the Leadership Experience Acceleration Program (LEAP) is just for you. At HARMAN, we invest in the future talent of our organization by developing early career professionals. Over the two-year program, the Digital LEAP members will rotate through various Digital roles within the HARMAN Group. In the process members will gain global experience, enhance their information technology skills and build an in depth understanding of the technology, businesses and functions within HARMAN.
In addition, you will participate in a mentoring program to help guide your experience, gain access and exposure to HARMAN University courses, in-person group learning, virtual and self-paced programs while developing a strong peer and global network.
Are you driven to solve complex problems? Do you thrive in a results-oriented environment? In addition, are you seeking an opportunity that strikes your creative and technical abilities? If yes, then LEAP is for you!
For the initial rotations, it is expected there are no direct reports. As the Digital LEAP member progresses through their assignments you may acquire supervisory responsibility as part of the development program.
Within any projects set during the assignments you may retain supervisory responsibility for team members as required within the specified project.
What You Will Do
- Lead large IT strategic programs with strong stakeholder engagement to drive business focused outcomes.
- Assess the overall system architecture, and design secure, high-performance technical solutions.
- Articulate design considerations, risks, trade-offs, benefits, and recommendations for technical architecture that leverages the system platform and products and improves business processes and productivity.
- Co-team with the developers to produce technical specifications for custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Collaborate in strategic and tactical planning and design sessions with senior architects and developers, product owners and UX design teams.
- Leverage the use of cloud (AWS, Azure) and cloud native / agnostic tools such as Kafka, Python, JSON, Ruby, Ansible, Oracle, SQL, MongoDB etc. to build and enhanace applications.
- Lead or Participate in Agile DevOps pods to drive business focused outcomes with speed and innovation.
- Lead Cyber Security & Network automation and forensic tools to improve IT’s defensive capabilities.
There are 3 rotations over the 2 year life of a Digital LEAP program member, including a 6 month rotation to an international location. Below are a few examples of the rotations:
Business Unit Interfact Rotations (reports to a Digital BUI Leader):
The Business Unit Team within Digital is responsible for interfacing with key business leaders within our 4 divisions (Connected Car, Lifestyle Audio, Connected Services and Professional Services). Rotations can be focused on leading key programs, managing financials, driving outcomes, supporting customer service etc.
Centers of Competance Rotations (reports to a Digital COC Leader):
The Centers of Competence (COC) team comprising of Engineering, Customer Intensity, Shared Services and Supply Chain are responsible for delivering application and business transformation services to the divisions. Rotations can be focused in either one of these 4 COCs delivering outcome based solutions using technology and business process improvement toolsets such as LEAN or CAP.
Solution Delivery Rotations (reports to a Solution Delivery Leader):
The Solution Delivery (SD) team comprises of the following disicplines: DevOps, Cloud & Foundations services, Data Analytics and Enterprise Security. Examples of rotations in the SD space can involve writing automation scripts to prevent Phising attacks or migrating a workload to the Cloud or leading the data conversion for an ERP project or building an analytics dashboard for ecommerce data.
What You Need
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Computer Engineering or Data Science & Analytics.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%) and commitment to the rotations over the length of the program
- Ability to relocate outside of home country for one rotation (typically no longer than 6-8 months)
- Strong work ethics and principles
- Team player with positive attitude to succeed
- Natural curiosity and a passion for learning
- Strong aptitude for Digital with broad knowledge of Information Technology
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to work in an office initially in Novi, MI or Richardson, TX, or Northridge, CA
- Willingness to relocate to any global HARMAN office in the future.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Ability to work on relevant and impactful projects
- Exposure to senior leadership
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)