Lead Supply Chain AnalystNorthridge, California, United States Job ID: 117348 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
This position is within HARMAN’s Lifestyle Consumer Audio Group located in Northridge.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Execute scenario planning for current and long term forecasts required to drive production and inventory planning
- Implement and analyze statistical forecasting to include key factors such as historical sales, promotion planning, customer sell through, etc.
- Proactively alert sales and supply team on changes in Key Account buying patterns by SKU, changes in assortment, in order to maximize delivery of sales.
- Develop forecast strategy for seasonal promotions, product transitions, and new product introductions.
- Lead forecasting reviews with sales, marketing and finance teams to ensure alignment of sales plans
- Lead excess and obsolesces prevention reviews and analyze variances of forecasted items quarterly.
- Develop and maintain metrics and reporting dashboard within SAP/IBP to drive performance with sales.
- Support DI and DDP shipment process.
- Lead inventory control and manage supply constraints by coordinating with Vendors, Global Supply Chain and Sales.
- Assist S&OP Manager with supply reconciliations review preparations.
- Lead Air Freight and expedited transportation initiatives..
- Liaison for demand planning team with other functional teams (Sales, Ops, Logistics and Marketing) so as to incorporate market intelligence into forecasting environment
- Drive continuous improvement at all levels of forecasting process by designing new requirements and troubleshooting existing ones
- Manage/Drive process to achieve PO date adherence in SAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field
- Strong Microsoft Excel, SAP/IBP/APO
- 3-5 years’ experience in Demand Planning, Data Modeling, Material Master Data Management preferably in a fast paced consumer industry
- Strong analytical skills, experience in working with large volume of data and performing quantitative analysis
- Ability to articulate assumptions, recommend alternatives, and corrective actions for non-adherence
- Facilitate and manage cross-functional product meetings to resolve issues, gain alignment, and develop recommendations for balancing demand and supply.
- Work experience with the large retailers is a plus (BBY, Target etc.)
- Efficient time management (ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables), Results driven, Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Clear and analytical thinker; proven experience in translating analyses into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Responsible for projects that have hard deadlines that must be met
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
- Must not only adapt, but must champion new and more efficient methods and techniques to meet the needs of the organization
- Must treat all customers with utmost respect, understanding that they have different needs
- Develop relationships with other departments based on honest communication, mutual respect and teamwork.
- Have clear objectives and strive to exceed them
- Take ownership for personal career and skill development
- Willingness to travel 5% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, CA.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)