Email Marketing Sr. SpecialistNorthridge, California Additional Location: Northridge, California | Richardson, Texas Job ID: R-14084-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing, the Email Marketing Senior Specialist, for the Professional Global Marketing team will be responsible for the development and maintenance of an overarching email marketing strategy that helps maintain Harman’s position as the preeminent company in Pro sound. The role will work closely with Global Marketing Communications on the development of global email marketing strategy and the assets for brands like JBL, Martin, AMX and AKG. This role will also work with the regional marketing teams to create sustained email engagement strategies for future continued global product launches and campaigns.
What You Will Do
- Conceptualize, develop and manage email campaigns for Harman Pro brands including template designs, calls to action and content and support the expansion of the email marketing program across brands and into new regions including guidance on successful implementation of email campaigns.
- Facilitate the ideation, design, and execution of customer journeys via the Acoustic Marketing Cloud platform and provide strategic and admin support to regional teams. Manage end to end email marketing including delivering new functionality, technical assistance and bug fixes.
- Conceptualizing email marketing campaigns that speak directly to the pain points of existing and prospective customer sets, build industry and ecosystem engagement to grow recipient lists organically through targeted, engaging and nurturing campaigns that support the strategic marketing plan.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.) and measure results to optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into customers.
- Conducting market research to better comprehend prevailing consumer behaviors while reviewing campaigns to ascertain areas of strength and weakness, which could inform subsequent outputs.
- Collaborate closely with creative, branding, content and GPLM teams to create and deploy emails while documenting and prioritizing their business requirements using existing analytical tools.
- Stay on top of industry best practices and bring relevant new email marketing solutions to meet the organization's strategic business needs and are compliant with global privacy norms
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, related field or comparable level of experience.
- Minimum 3 years of email marketing experience, including strategy, implementation, analytics and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email creative and templates, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and HTML, ability to learn technical systems and in-house tools quickly.
- Outstanding communicator (oral and written) and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data, input and intuition to inform decisions.
- Solid planning and organization skills – Ability to engage cross functional teams, manage complex projects, and shifts in priority are necessary.
- Good collaboration skills – Ability to effectively collaborate with teams around the world and with leading agencies to drive the best thinking and implementation of marketing ideas.
What is Nice to Have
- Multi-Cultural awareness and ability to adjust communication accordingly.
- Expertise in developing and executing email marketing strategies across multiple brands is a plus.
- Experience working with and around Audio/Visual professionals.
- Demonstrated creativity and out-of-the box thinking – Constantly pushing new ideas to drive the brands forward.
- Problem solving ability – Ability to solve open-ended problems common in marketing where many answers exist to the same problem
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing and able to work in an office based in Northridge, CA or Richardson, TX. Hybrid Model Friendly.
- Be willing to travel up to 20%, domestic and international travel.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment.
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
What We Offer
- Be part of the HARMAN Professional Global Marketing Team.
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.).
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We are committed to ensuring our diverse, inclusive and equitable culture is built on a strong sense of belonging, where everyone feels seen, heard and encouraged to show up as their authentic self.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)