Channel/Customer Marketing ManagerNorthridge, California, United States Job ID: 117393 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, North America Marketing, the Channel Marketing Manager manages marketing programs to drive business through our dealer and distributor network within the North America market including Canada. This entails proactive coordination & collaboration with the HARMAN channel partners, Acct Managers & HARMAN Reps. Imperative to the success of this role is to intimately understand the partner’s business model, target market & strategies, balanced against the HARMAN business model and business strategies, effectively producing revenue driving marketing programs. This position requires a highly self-motivated, organized & tenacious individual with the ability to maintain many very detailed yet fluid projects simultaneously. Experience in project management, communications along with excellent presentation skills are critical for success in this role.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct or indirect reports, however will work with, and through outside agencies and partners.
- Co-develop go to market channel plans, presenting final tactics both internally & in customer meetings
- Collaborates with business development/sales account managers on all tactics related to customer marketing programs and sales opportunities
- Collaborate on channel tactics to ensure successful product launches and program management throughout the year or as related to NPI schedules
- Work with key stake holders on retail merchandising programs through design, pitch and approval process in addition to managing 3rd party agencies who develop concepts for consideration
- Participate in ideation sessions with customers and internal stakeholders, reviewing marketing programs and new ways to drive incremental sales opportunities ongoing
- Routinely coordinate with Marketing Strategy on the rolling strategy for Product and Market, registering the short and long term problems that need to be addressed through channel partner marketing
- Articulate tailored value proposition, product offering, market segmentation and positioning strategy of all NPI to the key channel partners, to help define revenue driving marketing strategies
- Collaborate with the Marketing Analyst to define the appropriate metrics for tracking of all campaigns/initiatives with the key channel partners
- Systematically contribute to the regional campaign/initiative files (problem, strategy, tactics, metrics, project analysis) for all key channel partner tactics contributing to a regional strategy
- Project manage programs and initiatives as they pertain to the key accounts in the channel, including but not limited to, promotions, co-marketing plans, events, and trade related activities.
- Drive and manage new co-marketing programs with partners identified by business development, such as with key consultants and system integrators
- Develop and maintain face to face business relationships with the key channel accounts, both new and inherited
- Five+ years’ experience in a marketing and/or management role interfacing with customers and stakeholders
- Prior experience within Retail and/or channel/key customer management of marketing programs that drive revenue and brand awareness
- Able to convey excitement about marketing as related to retail with a strong business acumen and appetite for growing the business
- Able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with internal and external cohorts and stakeholders
- Resilient ability to overcome objections and challenges, navigate large and small external organizations politically and with confidence to arrive at mutually beneficial outcomes for Harman and customers
- Advanced power point skills with the ability to articulate a clear vision, thoughts and ideas as related to customer marketing programs and potential opportunities on paper
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and in a team, with the ability to drive production and meet deadlines
- Ability to display a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail along with the ability to
- Ability to travel 25%
- Excellent analytical and communications skills, oral and written
- BS/BA degree in Marketing or equivalent
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- MBA Preferred
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, CA.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)