Administrative AssistantNorthridge, California Job ID: 118349 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
This position is responsible for providing office services that supports one or more departments in at least three offices in the US (Northridge, CA, Mountain View, CA and Richardson, TX) by handling administrative duties, procedures and policies. This role will also work on various administrative projects as necessary.
What You Will Do
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements
- Resolves administrative problems by analyzing data, leveraging resources and identifying effective solutions.
- Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining a sufficient quantity of office supplies and evaluating new equipment
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results
- Send engagement package to law firms, finalize engagement letters, and work with attorney and billing coordinator to ensure the engagement process runs smoothly
- Assist with travel arrangements, expense reports, preparation of presentations, meeting arrangements, and preparing powers of attorneys and other legal documents
- Open new legal matters, create and run reports, gather & enter updates, track deadlines, work with attorney and legal department billing coordinator to address billing issues & approve standard billing; assist firms and vendors with invoice and budget submissions and general billing inquiries
- Assist with creating and managing legal holds
What You Need
- Responds to questions and requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains a high level of organization
- Successful track record of multi-tasking and handling multiple projects at once
- Experience creating and document standard processes
What is Nice to Have
- Proficiency with the Anaqua Intellectual Property database
- Experience with Novatus contract databases
What Makes You Eligible
- Ability to travel when needed; less than 5% domestically
- Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, CA
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)