Regional Sales Manager Audio Systems - EastNew York, New York, United States Job ID: 117724 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
Harman is a large manufacturer of professional audio equipment with a deep portfolio of historic brands; we are currently seeking highly motivated, audio subject matter experts to join our sales team, covering all of the United States and Canada. In this role, you will be responsible for working with our integration partners, independent sales rep force, end users and other Harman teams to drive sales while building trust in both our brands and culture.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Coordinate with team members and clients across several time zones
- Formulate preliminary design recommendations, equipment packages, and pricing
- Track opportunities via CRM and assist in formulating sales forecasts
- Target Harman’s competition to flip opportunities
- Interface with all types of Audio Installation Opportunities: PAC’s, HOW’s, Concert Venues, Cruise Ships, Hotel/Casino, Cinema, Restaurants, Brick and Mortar Retail, Museums, Transportation Hubs, Convention Centers, Corporate, Education and Government. Sporting venues (including ESports) & Theme parks in collaboration with BD groups
- Target Audio Production Companies
- Work with other Harman teams to build new, and grow existing, customer relationships
- Highly experienced in the professional audio industry including audio system design
- Experience working with both AV integrators, audio production houses and end users
- Deep knowledge of all brands of professional speakers, amplifiers and DSP
- Ability to read and understand construction documents, drawings and specifications
- Strong communication, leadership and collaboration skills
- CRM, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & industry standard software
- Self-motivation with the ability to be productive in a home-office environment with hours that are sometimes outside of the standard 9-5
- Previous job history with an audio consultant, audio integrator or production house
- Deep technical knowledge of audio system theory and application
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- MBA Preferred
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
- Willingness to work in a home based office within our Eastern Region.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)