Producer/EditorNew York, United States Additional Location: New York, New York Job ID: R-110-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
HARMAN has always placed great value on the design and execution of its products and services. In 2018, the three internal design groups across the 4 divisions were reorganized into a single agency-model design organization. This design organization is named “Huemen”. Huemen will continue to deliver and lead the world-class design across all of HARMAN in the disciplines of Industrial Design, User Interface/Interaction Design, Visual Design, Packaging Design, and User Experience Design, as well Marketing Services and Future Experiences in Auto and Home.
About the Role
Huemen is looking for a Producer/ Editor to join a new team focused on all creative efforts for the Harman portfolio of global audio brands which includes JBL, Harman/Kardon, AKG and others. The Producer / Editor will report to the Art Director – Content to manage/produce all productions and post-production for the various Harman accounts. The Producer / Editor will be responsible for the day-to-day production of video content for the supported businesses including promotions, trailers, sizzle reels, montages, behind-the-scenes vignettes, sales reels, co-branded vignettes, etc.
HARMAN has always placed great value on the design and execution of its products and services. In 2018, the three internal design groups across all HARMAN divisions were reorganized into a single agency-model design organization. This design organization is named “Huemen”. Huemen leads and delivers world-class design across all of HARMAN in the disciplines of Industrial Design (ID), User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX), as well Marketing Services, Future Experiences in Auto/Home and more.
What You Will Do
- The Producer / Editor will work closely with the Marketing Services team to ensure a smooth and productive workflow of video production (pre-production, production, and post-production), while maintaining a high productivity and high creative & technical standards in accordance with the Harman family of brands.
- Interfaces with Business Owners, Brand, Social teams, as well as freelancers, contractors, and outside agencies for completion of assignments and workflow of video projects.
- Hands-on writing, shooting, lighting, recording, producing, and editing video as needed
- Maintains technical standards and management of all post-production content.
- Collaborate with Art Director–Content to create the visual expression for all Harman brand campaigns and creative initiatives across the Huemen brand portfolio - supporting the needs of all Huemen divisions (Lifestyle, Professional Solutions, Connected Car, Connected Services) and all Global Marketing teams (Brand Development, Consumer Insights, Ecommerce)
- Support & facilitate the mandatory adherence to Huemen’s requirements, processes and procedures; Adopt responsibility for agency-wide initiatives.
- Be self-motivated, well organized, and up to challenges of ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
What You Need
- Must have a mastery of composition, cinematography, pre-production, production, and post-production.
- Knowledge and experience include:
- Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on Premier: 3 years / Final Cut Pro X
- Color Grading: 2 years
- Da Vinci Resolve: 2 years
- Editing: 3 years
- Content Creation: 3 years
- Video Shooting and Lighting: (Canon C-Series / DSLR / Sony Mirrorless): 3 years
- Client Servicing: 3 years
- Post-Production: 3 years
- Storyboarding: 2 years
- Scriptwriting: 2 years
- Must be able to manage budgets, schedules and timelines
- Must be a great communicator and is punctual. He/she maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues to management.
- Must demonstrate a fresh and culturally relevant perspective on video and production in all capacities, and the ability to understand and translate the latest pop culture, fashion, graphic, and design trends into creative marketing outputs.
- Maintains familiarity with current culture video trends, social platforms and the relevance of fast and slow trends.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Film/Video/Motion Graphics
What is Nice to Have
- A network of contacts and resources within the Film, Video, Graphics industries
- Industry aware: current events, trends, and general advertising culture
- Strong sense rhythm in both editorial/narrative and sound/music
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 10%, domestic only OR domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office in New York City, NY or Northridge, CA
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)