Director, Business Development - Huemen DesignNew York, United States Additional Location: New York, New York | Mountain View, California | Novi, Michigan Job ID: R-7421-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
Huemen is seeking a business development lead dedicated to advancing BD and sales in tangible and quantifiable measurement. The ideal candidate is a proven hunter who is highly skilled at opening high-level conversations, qualifying opportunities, identifying the decision makers, and closing the deal in a timely manner. This position requires meeting aggressive targets and understanding how to execute on growth goals. This role will work in close collaboration with their peers and with our team of designers and business leaders globally to be focused on external clients and internal business.
This role will balance the internal needs for new and continued business for Huemen as a for-profit center and the needs of the clients. The ideal candidate will know the competitive landscape of the design agency industry as well as bring experience and contacts into potential client’s right out the gate.
What You Will Do
The business development lead will be responsible for executing a business development strategy to develop and grow external Huemen client relationships. The business development lead will work closely Huemen leaders, external clients, and project teams to execute the following:
- Relationship Building: You will be responsible to identify, establish, build and nurture relationships with external client partners at the required, appropriate decision maker level.
- Value Proposition: You will be required to insure the Huemen value proposition is regularly and clearly communicated via mass communications and marketing through to direct one-on-one communications with clients.
- Lead Generation: In partnership with the larger Huemen team, you will proactively research, identify and qualify new leads. You will drive communications with potential clients to communicate Huemen’s process and capabilities. You will be responsible for helping to craft a strategic outlook and ongoing prospect list for targeted conversations and opportunities for engagement.
- Lead Reception: You will be responsible to receive and manage external leads as they organically come in-bound.
- Business Development Strategy: In collaboration with leadership and the rest of the project team leaders, you will build and maintain momentum around and oversee execution of a plan that supports the broader strategic goals of Huemen. Forecasting and developing roadmaps is key.
- Lead Conversations to the Negotiations and Business Closure Phase: Collaborate with all stakeholders to develop the appropriate project scope, pricing, and timing during the business development process according to the client’s needs and Huemen’s capabilities and capacity. Develop and coordinate negotiations and closure.
- Opportunity Framing: You will contribute to and assist in generating well-coordinated and compelling client project proposals, presentations and meetings, which not only address client needs, but also clearly articulate the fundamental design challenge and innovation opportunity to realize the Huemen mission statement. You will also be expected to be an active participant in developing new methods for engaging collaboratively with clients in an entrepreneurial way. We expect you to not only understand and communicate Huemen’s value proposition, but to also look for novel opportunities in order to advance our thinking.
- Communication: You will be responsible for improving and maintaining known performance indicators (KPI) visibility, forecasting, and transparency in our pipeline and business development process. This involves ensuring regular updates on in-process and emerging leads and clarity around accountability for moving the process forward.
- Ongoing Client Relationship: You will be responsible to stay involved in client relations from conversion and through the project execution as a point person and consistent thread from start/lead generation to finish/delivery.
- Network development: Working with our leadership team, you will identify external opportunities to showcase Huemen, create meaningful connections to potential clients,& reinforce client relationships.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in business development, strategic client relationships, account management, and/or product development within design consulting industry or other professional consulting firms.
- •An understanding of physical, digital, and experiential design as well as complete product development processes.
- UX, UI and ID design agency sales experience.
- A successful process, track record, and evidence of proactive lead generation and deal closure.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written) at all levels of organizations, both within clients, teams, and partner organizations is required.
- A passion for great design is a must.
- Proactive, intuitive, engaging, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and collaborative are important traits to be successful.
- Excellent organization skills including time management, exceptional follow-up, and tracking progress.
What is Nice to Have
- A design focused degree and/or MBA are a plus.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 35% - 50%, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office in NYC, Novi, or Mountain View at least 3 days a week
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters professional and personal development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)