Operation LeadNagoya, Aichi Additional Location: Nagoya, Japan Job ID: R-14751-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
As an Operation Lead you will be part of a very dynamic team and involved in all aspects of our business. In this role you will help prepare, present and lead various activities to ensure Harman is able to meet our commitments to our customer.
The role will mainly be focused on commercial related activities but will occasionally be called upon to support other areas of our business.
The dynamic nature of this position and breadth of activities that you will be involved in will ensure no two days are the same and that you have the opportunity to learn on a daily basis.
This will be a very exciting role with potential to grow into something much more. Your efforts will not only give you the personal satisfaction that comes with shaping the global automotive industry but also ensure our customer’s customers have an incredible experience in the vehicles they purchase.
What You Will Do
This position is responsible for day-to-day Operation activities and supporting the overall business needs.
- Account Management
- Data Management on Pricing (Tooling, Piece Price)
- Change Request Management
- Part Number Management, APR and Tooling
- PO/Quotation preparation and follow through to closure
- Coordinating responses for customer surveys and ensuring timely reply
- Account Receivables to Toyota
- Sales Operation
- Account Receivables
- Coordinate information related to activities within our global operations that impact our customer (Capacity, Part Availability, Product Transfers, New Product Introductions, etc)
- Manages N- Study Process to support business & production planning
- Develop and maintain relations with customer
- Prepare reports for senior management
- Ensuring CR’s are analyzed and responded to appropriately
What You Need
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred (MBA is beneficial)
- Language: Fluency (written and verbal) in Japanese, Business Ability (written and verbal) in English
- Experience: 5 Years B2B environment with Japanese OEM’s
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including oral presentations and business writing
- Strong mindset to move things forward
- Willingness to look for improvement opportunity as KAIZEN mind set
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships with customers and a team player with Harman.
- Negotiation skills to find solutions that work for customers and Harman.
- Critical thinker who can think on their feet
- Flexibility and business acumen to deal with customer requests
- Willingness to continuously stretch to reach goals.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Power Point), especially in Excel
- Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
What is Nice to Have
- Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal-oriented approach to decision making.
- Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Ability to develop consensus both internally and at the customer
- Ability to keep multiple parties focused on end goal
- Comfort level working with financial data.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 20%, mostly domestic with occasional international
- Be willing to work in an office in Nagoya, Tokyo
What We Offer
- We offer an authentic diverse, equal, and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development in a truly global organization.
- You will work on products and services that touch people’s lives and will change the industrial standards, being a part of the transformations in our industry.
- Our work environments are fast paced, challenging, empowering, collaborative, flexible and exciting.
- We offer our own HARMAN University with regular updates on the new technologies and trends by utilizing various sessions organized by Self Learning and Development Trainings to help grow and advance talent.
- We offer competitive compensation/benefit programs and recognition programs.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)