Senior Linux & Automation ArchitectLodz, Poland Additional Location: Lodz, Poland Job ID: R-13842-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Position Summary: Linux Engineer
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Linux Administrator is responsible for installing, maintaining, and upgrading Linux operating systems. Configuring Linux, software installation and configuration. Perform maintenance including backup monitoring tools installation and configuration, troubleshooting networking and operating system problems, user management, supporting end user problems.
Job Responsibilities: Linux Operations Engineer
- Linux server installation, configuration.
- Linux Administration and Troubleshooting.
- Linux patching, upgrades.
- File Servers (NFS, samba)
- Should have worked on Redhat, CentOS and Ubuntu.
- Experience on DNS, LDAP, LVM, FTP, SFTP
- VMware & AWS cloud understanding and exposure.
- Scripting/automation experience (Ansible/shell/python)
- Experience on cloud and VMware architecture.
- Experience managing complex Linux environments.
- Experience working with monitoring tools and alert management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under high stress with consistency and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, globally disparate team
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, including reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, time-sensitive environment
- Experience with wide variety of technology hardware, software and troubleshooting
- Capable of multi-tasking and self-direction to meet goals
- Solid quantitative skills and strong data analysis skills
- Strong emphasis on quality and keen attention to detail required
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Total IT experience should be at least 10 years
- REQUIRED 8+ years hands on experience in Linux Infrastructure.
- Experience in different flavors of Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge on ITIL process.
Team Player: Having respect for colleagues.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)