Senior Cybersecurity ArchitectLodz, Poland Job ID: R-8265-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Cyber Security Architect is responsible for analyzing and designing security concepts and measures for automotive systems, from network and architecture level to embedded systems protection. This includes preforming TARA for software & hardware and cyber security hardening, reviewing new and existing systems’ designs and evaluating their security, implementing HARMAN specific and international standards and methodologies. Finally supporting the customer in introduction of Secure Development Life Cycle (SDL).
The Cyber Security Architect will deliver his work directly to customers and will work in the Security Architects team reporting to the Head of Cybersecurity practice in Lodz.
What You Will Do
- Design security concepts and measures for the designated projects from network and architecture level and to solve cyber security challenges during the execution of the projects.
- Perform Threat Analysis and Risk Assessment (TARA) define attack vectors, define and review: security requirements, security testing requirements and implementation guidance.
- Perform WP.29 VTA and CSMS Gap analysis and work with customer to implement changes
- Analyze customer ISO-21434 standard gaps and support customer in improving their cybersecurity
- Support Security Development Lifecycle projects with customers
- Will be customer facing - work directly with customer
- Actively participates in sales calls involving complex technical requirements
- Oversee implementation of the security solutions
- Collaborate with fellow Cyber Security Architects globally
- Participate actively with external industry working groups in the formation of new Cyber Security Standards for Automotive
- Support business development activities and educate customers for Harman’s products and services
- Act as technical security liaison between the customer, customer program team, and the engineering team.
What You Need
- B.Sc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or electrical engineer or cyber security degree
- At least 5 years of experience in SW development
- At least 3 years as a security engineer for embedded systems including hands on experience (automotive or IoT is preferred)
- At least 3 years working as Cybersecurity advisor
- High knowledge on SDL – Security Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Knowledge of regulations introduction: ISO21434, SAE J3061, WP.29
- Experience in applied cryptography and design of crypto-based mechanisms
- Excellent English – speaking and writing – a must
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Very good interpersonal skills and communication with teams and customers
- Ability to work independently and solve complex problems
- Ability to work in a global business – a technical and dynamic environment
- Agile attitude and result driven
- Ability to learn new complex technologies and tools rapidly
What is Nice to Have
- Certifications - candidate will have Cyber security certifications and background like but not limited to :
- Certified information system security professional (CISSP)
- Certified information system architecture professional ( ISSAP)
- Information security management systems – ISO 2700
- “Checkpoint” certification CCSA, CCSE, and CCMSP
- Ethical hacker certification
- Experience handling different types of hardware and operating systems
- Experience in code design concept and measures for automotive systems from network, architecture level
What Makes You Eligible
- Good interpersonal and remote communication skills with teams and customers
- Goal and quality oriented.
- Ability to travel abroad.
- Willing to work on time critical projects.
- Good English communication is mandatory
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.