C++ DeveloperLodz, Poland Job ID: R-6833-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
In Harman Automotive we are bringing the software automotive industry into next level!
We do this by working with best car manufactures in the world, on functionalities and features that will be on the market in near future, with engaging methodologies and tools.
All above is done here, in Lodz along with other Harman locations. With our team of 350+ employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork.
Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: infotainment systems, telematics, ADAS
All of this is done by people as You. Consider, if you want to be a part of the future now.
About the role
As a member of the team you will develop middle-ware components allowing the car and platform system modules to connect to OEM Backends.
You will work in the agile development team, you will design, implement, integrate and test your code. You will be part of a larger software organization with hundreds of other Software Engineers.
This role focuses on the "in car" part of the system. You will be able to utilize your experience and expertise with the topics like memory, communication, security and alike in shaping the service.
Development will typically have C++ and Linux operating system background. You will make use modern tools, technologies, engineering practices and methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- Excellent coding skills in C++ 11/14
- Experience with Linux and Yocto
- Experience with GIT version control and CI/CD
- Basic Knowledge in Python
- Knowledge about testing frameworks (e. g. pytest) and an understanding of TDD concepts
Nice to have
- Knowledge of D-Bus, REST, apache proxy / Linux networking is a plus
- Virtualization techniques (VMware, qemu) in combination with Yocto.
- Automotive industry / low-level development background
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Experience with Atlassian Product Family (Jira, Confluence)
- Open-Source Background
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Aspiration to engineering excellence
- Written and spoken English B2 min.
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office just couple of steps from Manufaktura
- Training on the job and technical trainings
- Further development opportunity
- A great package of additional benefits such as:
- full remote work during Covid-19,
- flexible working time,
- private healthcare,
- MultiSport card,
- employee discounts on HARMAN products (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon),
- game room,
- additional 1 day off in 2021 (24th December)
We look forward to receiving your complete CV (in English).
We also kindly request to include one or both of the following clauses on the processing of personal data in your application:
• "I hereby authorize HARMAN Connected Services Poland Sp. z. o. o to process my current personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process (in accordance with the Personnel Protection Act of 29.08.1997 no. 133 position 883)".
• “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the future recruitment process by Harman Connected Services Poland Sp. z o. o ( Ogrodowa 8 Street, 91-083 Lodz under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended”.
In accordance with art. 13 of the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data of April 27,2016(Journal of Laws EU L 119 of 04.05.2016, hereinafter: GDPR) I inform that:
1) the administrator of your personal data is HARMAN Connected Services Poland Sp.z o.o. with headquarter in Ogrodowa Street 8, 91-062 Łódź, KRS No. 0000283968, | 2) Your personal data as a candidate for work in HARMAN Connected Services Poland Sp.z o.o. will be processed in order to recruit candidates for HARMAN Connected Services Poland Sp.z o.o. - choosing people to be employed in vacant positions or internships – in accordance to art. 6 clause 1 lit. a) and b) GDPR and the Labor Code of June 26,1974. | 3) Your personal data will be stored for the recruitment period. | 4) The Data Administrator does not plan to further process your personal data as job candidate for a purpose other than the purpose for which the personal data was collected, unless the job applicant agrees, then these data will be processed for future recruitment purposes for no longer than 2 years. Expressing consent is voluntary. | 5) Providing data by the candidates in the recruitment process is necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected, and not providing data will result in the inability to consider the candidate's application submitted in the recruitment process. | 6) The basis for the processing of personal data during recruitment for clerkship positions is Art. 6 clause 1 letter b) GDPR in connection with art. 22  paragraph 1 of the Act of 26 June1974Labor Code The basis for data processing in further recruitment (not exceeding 1 year) is the consent of the candidate | 7) The data will not be disclosed to external entities, except for cases supported for by law. | 8) Data of job applicants will be stored for the period necessary to achieve the above-mentioned purposes, i.e. until the end of recruitment, and then after the end of recruitment regarding candidate | 9) You have the right to request from Data Administrators an access to the content of your data and the right to rectify and delete it, limit processing, to transfer the data, to raise objections, to withdraw your consent at any time; | 10) You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body - the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection. For more information on exercising rights concerning the processing of personal data, please visitwww.uodo.gov.pl. | 11) Your personal data will not be processed in an automated manner and will not be profiled.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.