Automotive Cybersecurity ConsultantLodz, Poland Job ID: R-9386-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
In Harman Automotive we are bringing the software automotive industry into next level!
We do this by working with best car manufactures in the world, on functionalities and features that will be on the market in near future, with engaging methodologies and tools.
All above is done in Lodz along with other Harman locations. With our team of 300 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork.
Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: infotainment systems, telematics, ADAS
All of this is done by people as You.
Consider, if you want to be a part
of the future now.
Automotive Cybersecurity Consultant
What You Will Do
- Design and analyze security concepts and measures for automotive systems from network and architecture level to embedded systems protection
- Conduct TARA (Threat Analysis and Risk Assessment) for SW and HW, layout derived Cybersecurity requirements, design the testing use cases and guidelines and more
- Resolve Cybersecurity challenges arose within customer projects
- Promote Secure Development Life Cycle (SDL) process for Automotive OEMs and Tier 1s.
- Lead ISO-21434 standard and WP.29 VTA and CSMS Gap analysis and support customers in implementing changes
- Work closely with OEMs reviewing new and existing system designs compliance to international standards and methodologies
- Participate in global activities and consortiums promoting Automotive Cybersecurity standardization
- Act as technical security liaison between the customer, customer program team, and the engineering team
- Support business development activities such as pre-sales technical calls and educate on HARMAN’s solutions and services
- Collaborate with fellow Cybersecurity Consultants globally
What You Need
- B.Sc. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering
- Awareness of Automotive Cybersecurity
- At least 2 years of working as a Cybersecurity Consultant
- At least 4 years of working within the Cybersecurity domain
- Comprehensive knowledge of SDL – Security Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Knowledge of regulations and standards:
- SAE J3061
- Experience with applied cryptography and design of crypto-based mechanisms
- Excellent English – speaking and writing
- Good interpersonal and remote communication skills with teams and customers
- Goal and quality oriented.
- Ability to travel abroad.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Agile attitude and result driven without compromising quality
- Ability to learn new complex technologies and tools rapidly
What We Offer:
- Work in international project team with the biggest worldwide automotive customers
- Training on the job and technical trainings
- Further development opportunity
- A great package of additional benefits such as:
- flexible working time,
- full home office during Covid-19
- private healthcare (LuxMed),
- Mybenefit cafeteria,
- employee discounts on HARMAN products (JBL),
- game room,
- additional 1 day off in 2021 (24th December)
- and much more…
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.