Senior Specialist, Technical Sales Operations (m/f/d)Karlsbad, Baden-Wurttemberg Additional Location: Karlsbad, Germany| Garching bei München, Germany Job ID: R-18172-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do everyday.
Our Team has a global footprint in Garching (Germany), Novi Michigan (USA) and Shanghai (China) with the focus on “Pursuit Excellence”. We are working with global peer teams to delivering quotes to the customer and to manage the pursuit pipeline inside HARMAN for various complex hardware platforms used in various automotive areas.
What you will do:
- Lead and drive the quote process of multiple RFQ/RFI of the Harman Automotive Division with focus on the European Region
- Share lessons learned, quotation strategies and best practices across the accounts
- Contribute to the Quote Teams with synergies/target costs derived from ongoing and past quotations out of a global and cross SBU context
- Improve and ensure quality of RFQs in terms of product cost estimations
- Continuously identify measures for improvement during quotation phases
- Consult on early engagement and PoC activities.
- Perform trainings on sales processes and contribute to general sales trainings.
- Maintain and improve general RFQ database in regards to data quality, plausibility, feature upgrades, content and interfaces.
- Maintain processes, process documentation and project documentation templates
- Track RFx budget for EU region
What we expect from you:
- University degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering) or Business Administration or appropriate graduation
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with project management or (Co-) Technical Sales Manager
- Team player
- Very good understanding of technical contexts
- Good business/financial acumen
- Fluent technical and commercial German and English skills
- Result driven
- Willingness to travel
What We Offer
- HARMAN offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation
- You will also receive top-notch employee discounts on Harman’s Consumer Audio (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon) and Samsung products
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance
- Attractive salary package based on the Metall & Elektro Tarif Baden Wurttemberg and an Employer contribution towards a company pension plan
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies which also includes extensive technical trainings
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)