Senior Project Manager (m/f/d)Karlsbad, Germany Job ID: R-18047-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
What You Will Do:
- The Senior Project Manager - Digital Cockpit Products is responsible for the delivery of a family of products to our internal organization compliant with the published roadmaps
- Works to agreed Project targets: timing, budget (5 – 20 Mio EUR project budget per year), cost & quality. Leads gating activities for the assigned projects
- Overall technical and commercial program leadership for all related project teams for a family of Digital Cockpit Products
- Responsible for overall technical system integration of hardware, software and mechanical design into a cohesive product
- Acts as a role model in terms of leadership and code of business conduct in Project Management
- Interface towards Product Management for all aspects of technical status, project progress and product alignment
- Management reporting internally incl. SBU Leader (Director level and above)
- Moderate based on comprehensive expertise around Headunit technologies the project related discussion, drive the development of competitive business cases, negotiations with internal suppliers and external suppliers
- Constantly tracks project key performance indicators and sets priorities for optimization
- Works with procurement to ensure license and royalty prices are best-in-class and correct
- Support VAVE initiatives with ideas and research
What You Need:
- University degree in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Information Technology) or Business Administration or appropriate graduation
- Track record as a very successful team leader and Project Manager for complex systems with experience not less than 5 years
- Several successfully steered high value, complex or strategic projects in global development
- Broad technical and methodical knowledge in all areas of Team-, Program- ,Project- and Product Life Cycle Management (generalist)
- Ability to understand complex systems, to break down and structure into reasonable parts so dependencies become visible, describable and thus manageable
- Ability to define, pursue and reach strong and measurable individual aims corresponding to general HARMAN strategy and to integrate people, to resolve conflicts, broad intercultural experience, Excellent communication skill
- Must have a "whatever-it-takes" attitude using diplomatic leadership skills within a collaborative teamwork environment to accomplish the necessary results,
- Proven and effective communication, analytical, judgment, initiative and execution skills
- Management experience with 5 or more direct and 20+ indirect reports
What We Offer:
- HARMAN offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation
- You will also receive top-notch employee discounts on Harman’s Consumer Audio (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon) and Samsung products
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance
- Attractive salary package based on the Metall & Elektro Tarif Baden Wurttemberg and an Employer contribution towards a company pension plan
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies which also includes extensive technical trainings
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.