(Senior) Program Manager (m/f/d)Karlsbad, Germany Job ID: 120011
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Overall program responsibility for realization of Car Audio Programs
- Responsible for the development and industrialization of new car audio programs and products while meeting cost, quality and timing milestones
- Steering of Team1 with related sub-teams and external suppliers
- Top level planning and controlling
- Align technical and commercial program targets with functional departments
- Responsible for Change Management process (incl. internal/external Change Control Boards)
- Program & technical interface towards OEM-customer for all aspects of technical status, program progress and product alignment
- Responsible for transition from prototyping to production incl. ramp-up
- Lead support during RFI/RFQ-phase to compile feasibility studies and to complete product performance specification
- Reporting towards customer and internally incl. top management
- Program execution according to HARMAN Project Life Cycle Management Processes (PLM / PMI PM Book)
- University degree in engineering (electrical engineering, information technology, mechanical engineering or appropriate graduation)
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in project or line management
- Ability to manage very large multifunctional teams in worldwide locations
- Strong customer focus required
- Fundamental knowledge in terms of methodologies in project management
- Experience with functional safety considered a plus
- Experience with electronic manufacturing
- Fluent technical and commercial English skills
- Ability to motivate and to communicate
- Ability to mediate between conflict parties
- Willingness to travel
- Work in international teams with the biggest worldwide automotive customers
- Attractive salary package
- Employer contribution to company pension plan
- Training on the job and extensive technical trainings
- Further career development opportunities
- A great package of additional benefits such as
- flexible working time
- free parking spaces or allowance for public transportation
- language courses
- daily lunch allowances
- employee discounts on our HARMAN products (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon)
- and much more...
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.