Program Manager, Global HR Technology (m/f/d)Karlsbad, Baden-Wurttemberg Additional Location: Karlsbad, Germany| Garching bei München, Germany Job ID: R-7390-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
As the Global HR Technology Program Manager you will be responsible for organizing and overseeing various HR programs and activities to further the strategic direction of HARMAN’s HR Technology initiatives. You are responsible for creating, managing, and coordinating various projects within the scope of the overall HR Technology roadmap.
What You Will Do
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the HR Technology organization
- Develop project plans & timelines; participate in ongoing project planning activities to include schedule development, resource allocation, issue prioritization, risk management, communication planning
- Determine and define project scopes and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare a budget based on the scope of work and resource requirements, and track project costs to meet budget
- Provide project updates consistently to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project execution
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience, with a preferred concentration in Business, Human Resources, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 3 years’ experience in a program management capacity working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading and participating in technical and cross-functional projects
- Problem solver capable of translating issues into simple terms to facilitate discussions and decisions
- Able to drive collaboration and influence multiple teams
- The ability to work in a global matrixed organization and communicate at all levels
- Excellent organizational, presentation skills
- Effective in and experienced in managing cross-functional relationships
- Workday experience is preferred
- Strong skills in Microsoft office, Excel, PowerPoint, Project software
What is Nice to Have
- 3 years’ experience in two or more areas: Problem Management, Risk Management, Incident Management
- Project/Program Management Certification
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 5%, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office in Garching or Karlsbad
What We Offer:
- HARMAN offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation. You will also receive top-notch employee discounts on Harman’s Consumer Audio (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon) and Samsung products.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance.
- Attractive salary package based on the Metall & Elektro Tarif Baden Wurttemberg and an Employer contribution towards a company pension plan
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies which also includes extensive technical trainings.
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)