General Ledger Accounting ManagerKarlsbad, Germany Job ID: 120170
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The General Ledger Accounting Manager supervises the General Ledger team. This team is responsible for preparation and reporting of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for entities within Harman. The General Ledger Accounting Manager takes responsibility to coordinate and support projects execution.
The main responsibilities relate to the monthly financial close, coordination on statutory reports, the submission to tax authorities in different countries, accounting processes and risk control to ensure that Harman is compliant with internal and external audits.
The Accounting Manager leads a team of five people.
What You Will Do
- Managing and monitoring the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for entities throughout Europe, and the final reporting to the parent group (BPC).
- Business Partnering with colleagues globally, e.g. with GSSC in Hungary on important balance sheet and P&L positions (e.g. payroll, fixed assets, cash), with teams in Amsterdam (Finance, Legal, etc.) and teams in the US (Corporate Accounting, Consolidation Team, etc.).
- Coordination of balance sheet account reconciliations for accrual and pre-payment accounts as well as payroll accounts.
- Perform, review and update regular internal controls e.g. financial statement reviews, manual journal entry testing and review of account reconciliations.
- Supporting national and international projects with timely input from GL team – such as mergers, improving processes to improve efficiency.
- Manage and review regular statutory and tax declarations like VAT and Intrastat for all European entities.
- Supporting the team with additional (ad hoc) requests like statistical evaluations, prepayments of income tax etc.
- Manage all activities related to external and internal audits of the European Harman entities. Full responsibility for communication with external and internal auditors.
What You Need
- Master's degree with focus on Finance or International Accounting.
- Multiple years of professional experience in the accounting department of an industrial company.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Solid knowledge of accounting in accordance with the commercial code and international accounting standards (IFRS).
- SAP experience (BPC reporting experience preferred)
- Experience in managing projects
- Fluent command of English and German.
- Ability to manage high volume of work in a fast-paced environment and meet quality standards and deadlines.
- Experience of working in an international commercial environment.
What is Nice to Have
- Business and result oriented; ability to work under pressure,
- Ambitious and stress resistant,
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, and SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC).
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 10% of your time during the year, domestic only, EU.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)