Lighting Designer Relationship Mgr, EMEAHemel Hempstead, United Kingdom Additional Location: Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom| Barcelona, Spain| Oslo, Norway| Stamford, Connecticut Job ID: R-13826-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
Martin Professional is looking for an experienced, ambitious and driven Concert Touring Lighting Designer Relationship Manager. This exciting new role is focused on the long term, building the Martin Professional Lighting brand within the lighting design community across markets and territories in EMEA. The ideal candidate will have excellent relationships with lighting designers, production staff and specifiers in the concert touring market place, think strategically and have passion for the industry. The ability to support an established team of sales professionals and distributors are essential competencies for this role. The right candidate will be someone excited by the challenge of taking this new role and making it their own, operating in a flexible environment, being proactive and working on their own initiative. All the while being backed by an ambitious company and dedicated existing EMEA team.
Martin have been one of the global leaders in the entertainment lighting field for many years. Founded in Aarhus in 1987, we now have offices around the globe as well as a key Research and Development office still in Aarhus. Operating as part of the larger Harman group (that is owned by Samsung) the drive and passion of the staff is what makes working for Martin such an exciting prospect for any new employee.
What You Will Do
- Build and manage relationships on an EMEA basis- seeing /demoing equipment with different designers, consultants, specifiers and influencers per year.
- Work with global sales teams to help develop global relationships with key designers supporting the Martin global business.
- At least 40% of focus on emerging designers.
- Grow new relationships and partnerships, in order to promote Martin Lighting products
- Work with the regional marketing team to help shape campaigns directed at designers, production staff, specifiers and influencers
- Develop and execute a schemes for designers that align to existing Key Customer programs
- Work with our key distributors around EMEA to help drive local sales from key designers and the Martin account management team
- Represent Martin at the key international trade fairs and shows as well as open house events in our Distribution network
- Assist the lighting management team to make monthly, quarterly and annual plans to grow Martin
- Report back to Martin Teams in terms of product feedback from the market and end users
- You will report direct into the Head of Lighting for EMEA. There won’t be any line management role at this moment in time.
What You Need
- Excellent working relationships with key lighting designers, production staff and specifiers
- Excellent reputation within your market and existing relationships
- Responsible, efficient, result-oriented, good business sense and the ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Team player: although many tasks are individual, the sales organisation functions as a close working team
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible, multi-task and meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Structured and organized reporting skills
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices of the entertainment production lighting
- Ability to cope with a demanding work load that is continually fluctuating
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Written and spoken other languages will be advantageous
- Willingness to travel 60%+ of the time.
What You’ll Get
- Employee discounts on our HARMAN products (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon…)
- Modernized new office
- Challenging tasks and projects
- Access to Harman University for extensive technical trainings
- Working in an international environment
- Flexible working options
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)