Senior Solution ArchitectHartford, Connecticut Additional Location: Hartford, Connecticut Job ID: R-14576-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
This position is for an experienced BW/HANA analyst/developer, with a long-term interest in development/design and Implementation of BW solutions.This role will apply functional and technical integration knowledge of SAP ERP tools, BW4HANA data staging. The analyst/developer will work with clients defining leading practices within the financial consolidations process.The analyst/developer will perform hands-on BW design and configuration (Cubes, process chains, planning sequences, etc.). Successful candidate will participate as a member of development team and perform basic analysis of functional requirements.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the integration of SAP to BW to BPC
- Design, develop and Support the SAP BW solutions following the SAP best practices.
- Ability to understand business process and convert it to Functional and Technical design for BW implementation
- Work with the Business adhere to best business practices within the financial consolidations process
- Perform system support and analysis and design for SAP and other IT solutions to support Data Extraction and Reporting processes
- Provide design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy
- Elicit business requirements, including retention, granularity and related factors by consulting with business partners and enterprise leadership
- Recommend/implement SOX change control process changes as necessary
- Work on assigned tickets (incidents and service requests) for Harman BI Finance systems.
- Proactively monitor the systems ensure availability of data.
- Suggests options and recommendation solutions to key business users.
- Development of training material, configuration and process documentations and organization of training courses
- Preparing system documentation.
- Work to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
- Provide Level 3 support of Business Intelligence applications.
- Collaborate with other teams responsible for related functional areas (Record to Report - SAP FICO) and technical teams (Basis, Security, Development, Integration)Work with vendor project teams on implementation projects.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computers, Information Technology, or related field
- Minimum 5 global rollouts experience in SAP BW Finance solutions.
- 7+ years within a global, multicultural, multi-location organization.
- Understand the planning, Financial Consolidation and Reporting Process
- Hands-on experience in SAP BPC 10.1 or 11.1, BW/4HANA, AO (Analysis for Office)
- Designing and implementing SAP BW4HANA, and HANA Analytics solutions
- Understand BPC security, BW security and HANA security is a must.
- SAP BW competency in data modeling, financial content, SAP extractors, extraction, transformation, loading, reports queries using Bex and HANA queries
- Remodeling of aDSO objects to take advantage of DTO – Data Tiering Optimization (WARM Store NSE for historical data)
- Knowledgeable and experience with other modules such as FI, CO & Planning, along with the corresponding business processes and related project implementation
- End to end development experience in SAP BW4HANA Modelling using ADSOs, Composite Providers, Open ODS views, Transformations, Analysis for Office queries, HANA Calc views
- Must be knowledgeable in agile software development lifecycles/methodologies
- Knowledge in reporting tools like Qliksense
- SAP BW Interface configuration with 3rd party tools
- Good analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects.
- A global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization.
- Proven ability to manage key stakeholder interests, simultaneously managing conflicting priorities and business interests.
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing customer-facing, strategic projects as well as Application Development projects.
- Experience with outsourcing, contracts, and in managing virtual teams.
What is Nice to Have
- Ability to influence and drive change.
- Possess skills in cross-cultural awareness, influence, communication, and problem solving.
- Acting proactive and independent in a global organization.
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel if needed for short term for projects.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)