Test Lead - Product DevelopmentGurgaon, India Job ID: R-6329-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
What You Will Do : • The candidate shall be responsible for the validation of the connected car solution delivered to any customer. Validation will include functional validation, field testing, application testing, security testing, performance and reliability testing
• Candidate shall be responsible for defining the feature specific test cases based on customer requirements require for the validation of the solution before delivery to customer.
• Candidate shall be responsible for traceability of test cases to customer requirements
• Candidate shall be responsible for generation of test reports in the defined formats as an output of the test execution. These reports would be shareable with customer.
• Candidate shall be responsible for scripting of test cases using selected automation tools for automation of test cases with Selenium Java, Python.
• Candidate shall actively work with the development team for bug triaging
• Candidate shall be responsible for generating defects in bug tracking tool like JIRA along with logs required for deeper analysis by development team What You Need :
• Candidate should have a minimum of 6 years experience in testing out of which atleast two years has to be in testing of Cloud based applications.
• Candidate should have B.Tech/B.E./M.Tech qualification from a recognized university.
• Candidate should have atleast 1-2 years experience in defining and executing EtE testing of Cloud based applications. Experience in testing of Big Data and analytics platforms is a big plus.
• Candidate should have experience in scripting e.g. shell scripting, python, perl • Candidate should have working knowledge of flashing embedded devices and retrieving logs from embedded devices.
• Candidate should have experience in all areas of testing – functional validation of core functions supported by the platform, API validation, application validation through mobile applications and portals
• Candidate should have experience in performance and scalability testing of the platform.
• Experience with tools such as JMeter that are used for load validation would be a big plus
• First hand experience of working with bug tracking tools like JIRA, IBM RTC is a must.
• First hand experience with Test Management and test automation tools like HP, Selenium, Robotium etc.
• Experience working in Agile develoment model
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.