Senior Principal Engineer, Antenna ProductGothenburg, Sweden Additional Location: Gothenburg, Sweden Job ID: R-5825-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role:
In this role, the incumbent will lead technology evaluation, support product development of Antenna product which are used in customer projects & platform development, & customer RFI’s and RFQ’s across all regions.
The incumbent will also be a core team member for evaluating and preparing technical proposal, closed work with Procurement for competitive commercial proposals for customer requests, align with cross functional internal teams, including HW & ME Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain, CPMs.
What You Will Do:
- This person will be the center technical interface with Samsung Antenna team to align the experience, expertise, customer program etc.
- The person will drive innovation of newer antenna design approaches for upcoming vehicle and antenna requirements
- Guild the team with skillset overlapping antenna and mechanical competence, so that the team shall specialize in handling effects of vehicle structure and mechanicals to the antenna performance
- Integration & collaboration with HW & Mechanical team to optimize the design of the overall solution
- Collaboration with the external labs in performing the measurements and refining the design
- Develop knowledge base on requirements of antenna performance by different authorities e.g. SDARS, MNOs, etc.
- Develop test requirements that can be executed by members designated within this team for antenna validation
- Create platform approach of reusable antenna components that can be used for future programs
- Drive best cost analytics of these antenna components by working at a material cost level
- Work on RFQs and PoCs representing antenna solution in the pursuits
What You Need:
- 10+ years in antenna design & development
- Ideally automotive program experience
- Extensive experience in handling with RF & antenna technology and supply chain
- Broad technical and methodical knowledge
- Ability to involve different teams to solve issues
- Proven capabilities on customer communication
- English language
- Experience leading global and virtual teams
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)