VP Finance, Corporate (m/f/d)Garching, Bavaria Additional Location: Garching bei München, Germany| Karlsbad, Germany| Stamford, Connecticut Job ID: R-18323-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer the VP Finance, Corporate will lead the Company’s Corporate Finance functions, drive financial performance, and support executive leadership in meeting consolidated financial objectives for the company. The role leads Finance teams including Corporate FP&A, Financial Consolidations, Corporate Accounting, Statutory reporting and Corporate Functions Controlling.
This role will report into the Chief Financial Officer and will have 4+ direct reports and 2 indirect reports. The greater team will consist of 30+ members.
What You Will Do
- Lead financial planning, reporting and analysis tasks including budgets, forecasts, internal management reporting and operating reviews for the Company.
- Drive the process and prepare all daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Manage consolidations and external reporting functions during monthly closing cycle.
- Drive the preparation process for the finance related inputs into the quarterly presentations to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee all Corporate Accounting activities and ensure compliance with applicable standards and regulations
- Coordinate with Accounting CoE to ensure alignment with external auditors and latest accounting rule interpretations.
- Strategic partner with Sr. Management to develop business plans and incentive targets. Monitor and communicate progress towards goals.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the Company’s strategic planning and long-term vision.
- Assist with the development of short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Work directly with the Executive Team to provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis of competitive data and economic trends.
- Articulate financial implications and realities by providing “the story behind the numbers”.
- Develop forecasts for the Company that accurately anticipate risks and opportunities including return on investment and opportunity cost analyses for new and current programs as well as for other new business initiatives.
- Serve as sparring partner with the Finance CoE organization on continuous improvement to drive functional excellence.
- Lead corporate controlling team serving as business partner for all corporate functions including Finance, Human Resources, Legal, IT and Marketing.
- Collaborate with the CFO on Finance department wide activities.
- Ensure that the Company has put in place and continues to have an effective internal control environment.
- Provide transparency and develop strong internal controls.
What You Need
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in finance or equivalent, Masters’ degree or MBA preferred
- Accounting and FP&A experience
- Minimum 15+ years of work experience in field
- Project management skills
- Highly developed organizational, writing and communication skills
- An inclusive, collaborative, and team-oriented leader. Charts the course with colleagues, but also lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints
- A magnet for talent who can attract others to work with them
- Demonstrated track record of working under deadlines in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing priorities and accomplishing objectives
- Possesses excellent data analysis skills and attention to detail to grasp complex situations with changing circumstances to develop well-reasoned solutions to get the job done while balancing risks.
- Assumes ownership, control, and accountability for all areas of responsibility and commitments made to others
What is Nice to Have
- Foreign language skills a plus.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 25%, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an [office and/or home office] in US or Germany
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)