Tech Lead - Senior Principal Engineer (m/f/d) Hardware and System E-MirrorGarching bei München, Germany Job ID: 128605
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
As Technical Lead for the CMS/E-Mirror system you will be responsible for the overall CMS system design and architecture.
You will take a high level and strategic approach to the system design, to make sure the CMS Platform is a top offering on the market.
The Technical Lead is responsible for the CMS system requirements, a system consisting of cameras, displays, compute systems as well as the CMS SW Platform.
It has to be ensured that the requirements reflect industry standards as well as fulfilling current and future regulatory norms.
As the technical lead you will directly interface with the whole global CMS team but specifically the following roles: Product Owner, Program Manager, Software Lead and Test Lead.
There are no disciplinary responsibilities planned for this role, but there is a dedicated Systems Architect to support the Technical Lead.
What You Will Do
- Lead technical strategy and product development direction working with the Product Owner and Product Manager for the CMS platform
- Define CMS product requirements and contribute to development of the CMS product/technology roadmap
- Lead and monitor technical activities of suppliers
- Act as technical escalation point
- Adapt feature development to capabilities of sensors
- Lead analysis and optimization of runtime behavior
- Elicit, analyze, write and adapt hardware and software requirements
- Contribute to improvement of development and verification process and infrastructure
- Interface with Harman customers to define requirements and represent technical portfolio for CMS
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to define the product roadmap and technical strategy
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to manage the team and be in-budget and in-time
- Receive and interpret OEM RFI/RFQs, and utilize available technical resources to develop responses
- Ensure compliance to platform-centric development process to be in-process, contribute to its improvement
- Review suppliers and technology providers for CMS products
- Work closely with third-party technology providers, Harman marketing and engineering teams to chart the next generation technologies for future products
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 14+ years in various engineering roles
- Highly experienced with vast knowledge in ADAS systems, best with focus on camera based systems
- Vast experience with automotive grade operating systems (RTOS, QNX, Linux) and applicable run time environments (e.g. AUTOSAR classic)
- Hands-on experience of technical leadership in the specification, development and verification of real-time embedded systems
- Enterprise level documentation skills
- Computer science background, or strong understanding of HW/SW development as it applies to ADAS sensor processing
- Basic Functional Safety knowledge (ISO 26262)
What is Nice to Have
- Experience in ADAS feature development and verification
- Experience with project quality techniques including planning, risk management and decision making
- Background in Human Factors
- Experienced working with globally distributed teams
- Strong analytical skills together with high self-learning capabilities
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR Adaptive, MATLAB/Simulink
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 10%, including domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office in Garching, Germany
- Be part of an international team working with the world's largest automotive manufacturers
- Attractive salary package based on Metall & Elektro Tarif Baden Wurttemberg
- Employer contribution to a company pension plan
- Extensive technical trainings (e.g in our HARMAN University)
- Career development opportunities
- A great package of additional benefits such as
- flexible working time
- allowance for public transportation
- language courses
- sport events like B2Run or a skiing trip
- daily canteen allowances
- employee discounts on our HARMAN (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon) and Samsung products
- and much more...
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.