System Engineer (m/f/d) Customer Engineering ADASGarching bei München, Germany Job ID: R-18929-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
As the Systems Engineer (m/f/d), Driver Assistance Systems, you will join Harman’s ADAS Business Unit as part of the Automotive Division at HARMAN International. You will have the opportunity to partner with a team that is dedicated to defining and delivering next-generation software-defined experiences and driving-related customer activities for ADAS (SaaP) Technologies. In short, this position will be key to drive and align the technical offering between Customer and Harman.
This position will report to the regional Director of Engineering. While this is an individual contributor position, your influence and collaboration skills will be applied to a global, cross-functional team drawn from relevant functions within the engineering in a matrix organization. This team will be empowered and aligned around company objectives. Excellent communication and leadership skills will be keys to success.
What You Will Do
- Interface with Customer to be a key technical presence for project teams
- Support Sales teams in RFQ pursuits from concept through business award
- Work with internal platform, software, hardware, mechanical and validation teams to design and deliver per customer requirements
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications
- Analyze and understand product SW design documents such as block diagrams, SW architecture and topology diagrams, timing and sequence diagrams, use-case charts, and detailed component specifications
- Understand vehicle systems and designs and how the Head Unit and ADAS controller interacts with other Electronic Control Units in the vehicle
- Focus on system performance and optimizations throughout test and development cycles
- Coordinate with System Test teams to ensure design and requirements are verified and validated
- Lead Root Cause / Corrective Action process with product teams for issues that arise during development and test
- Facilitate knowledge management using tools such as confluence-wiki, and Jira
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate product development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and follow-through
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of system engineering experience
- 3-5 years of embedded systems experience
- Working knowledge of software development processes
- Working knowledge of embedded systems
- Working knowledge of automotive infotainment and ADAS systems and features
- Broad knowledge of Driver Assistance HW and SW
- Working knowledge of software development processes and process models such as CMMI or ASPICE.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong skills in communication, presentation, and problem-solving (both customer and internal)
What is Nice to Have
- Knowledge of hardware and software development best practices
- Experience working in a global organization or on a global product
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 20%, domestic
What We Offer
- HARMAN offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation. You will also receive top-notch employee discounts on Harman’s Consumer Audio (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon) and Samsung products.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance.
- Employer contribution towards a company pension plan
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies which also includes extensive technical trainings.
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.