Sr. Director, Product Management, SaaP (m/f/d)Garching bei München, Germany, Karlsbad, Germany, Struer, Denmark Job ID: R-7442-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Global Product Management Lead will oversee HARMAN’s Branded Software as a Product, product management strategy, develop customer-centric product roadmaps, and define innovative business models across all regions for the Car Audio Strategic Business Unit (SBU). This individual will create compelling and differentiated product propositions based on market needs, customer segments, technical feasibility, aligned to overarching product strategy; while ensuring product delivery from ideation to PD handoff; perpetuating the product roadmap from ideation to end of life (and succeeding product ideation loop).
This position will drive revenue and margin expansion of existing product lines by partnering closely with HARMAN customer groups including pricing strategies through the Car Audio SBU. With a focus on being the voice of the customer, this individual will be responsible for anticipating market needs and ensuring requirements are fed into the global management framework. This individual will play a key role in crafting and supporting customer pitches and partner relationship management. Both Global and Regional insights will be critical in driving success.
Your team will initially consist of one direct report, plus cross-functional team members drawn from all relevant functions within the business in a matrix organization. This team will be empowered and aligned around company objectives. Excellent communication and leadership skills will be key to success.
What You Will Do
- Define Car Audio Branded and non-branded system-level software product portfolios and develop clear product roadmaps across all Software as a Product and System level Software as a Product lines.
- Find and define OEM-winning product and value proposition opportunities that differentiate HARMAN from our competitors and increase revenue and margins.
- Translate Proofs of Concept, customer feedback, and technology roadmaps and into cohesive product definitions and productization work streams, with a rolling 5-year product roadmap and release calendar, through a defined productization process.
- Manage structured review of product concepts with the objectives as defined by the 5-year plan. Adapt to and manage change as a key strategic direction of the company and respond rapidly to market opportunities that arise.
- Put special focus on business growth and portfolio diversification by managing and maintaining product roadmaps meeting B2B and B2C customer expectations, developing new business areas, and maintaining an ecosystem of partners aligned to the dependencies of SBUs.
- Analyze appropriate market data and extract technology and product trends for Harman, define necessary product requirements like pricing or SOP timing.
- Leverage technologies within and outside of HARMAN to develop lasting and winning relationships to benefit the unique nature of the diverse HARMAN business.
- Work closely to support Customer Groups and SBUs in pursuit strategies by
- Maturing product concepts (managing engineering, business development, marketing, licensing, and partnership development work streams) to a level where the product definition can be handed to the RFQ team for quick and efficient incorporation into an applicable customer pursuit concept and business case.
- Playing an active role in roadmap application to RFQ concept development, risk reviews, and overall business case reviews.
- Identify the Go-To-Market approach by prioritizing emerging technologies and innovations.
- Demonstrate an ability to think beyond the technology itself and understand key business drivers that ensure technology investment will provide substantial value or improvements to customers.
- Oversee and track product performance KPIs across the customers in the region.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration
- 5-15 + years of Software product management with consumer focused approach
- Strong customer orientation and credibility with the customer as a trusted, collaborative and productive partner.
- Successful experience in a P&L role with a strong business acumen
- Deep knowledge of software cost and price structure, business models, and revenue streams in various industries to achieve profitable growth
- Experience working in a matrix, global, cross-functional organization, collaborating with key stakeholders in sales, product operations, marketing, and engineering.
What is Nice to Have
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Senior Pre-Sales or Business development experience
- International work experience
- Branded Audio or similar branded product experience
- Audio system level architecture experience
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 50%, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office
What We Offer
What We Offer:
- HARMAN offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation. You will also receive top-notch employee discounts on Harman’s Consumer Audio (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon) and Samsung products.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance.
- Employer contribution towards a company pension plan
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies which also includes extensive technical trainings.
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.