Software Architect (m/f/d)Garching bei München, Germany Job ID: R-8293-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
As Software Architect you will be responsible for the overall software architectural development of an Automotive Infotainment Headunit in a customer project. The reuse of Harman subsystems and solutions and the sustainable development of new features are some of your major development goals.
As the leader of Software Architecture you will be a driver of software and architecture quality and keep the project execution aligned to Harman standards and as well to international standards.
What You Will Do:
Your responsibility will embrace mainly the following
- Development of the software architecture design to fulfill customer requirements and to achieve Functional Safety and Security goals of the product
- Architectural work package breakdown, planning and steering of architectural works in the decentralized teams
- Technical analysis and assessment of customer requirements and final clarification with customer
- Conducting Architecture coordination meetings with project management and customer
- Specification of SW architectural and technical requirements
- Definition of architectural quality requirements, e.g. architecture metrics, performance KPI, stability criteria and resource budgets for our products
- Analysis and resource estimation of customer change requests
- coordination of architectural collaboration with sw architects of subsystem suppliers
- Monitoring of development status and the quality of architectural work products according to Harman standards
- execution of design and code reviews
- Support and train domain architects according to architectural model an methods
- Enhancement of the underlying software architectural model to achieve product needs
- Comply to Harman processes and international standards, as e.g. ISO 12207, ISO 42010, ISO 26262 - Functional Safety
- Consideration of and preparation of sw quality assessment according to Automotive standards, e.g. Automotive SPICE
- Continuous improvement of the Harman software architecture and design processes
What You Need:
- University degree in Computer Science, Electronics or any comparable qualification
- At least 5 years of architectural experience in Automotive projects
- Excellent knowledge of model based software architecture principles and architectural patterns
- Expert knowledge in software engineering of Automotive Systems, esp. realtime operating systems
- Proven knowledge in modern operating systems, such as Linux.
Android and Autosar knowledge would be appreciated
- Expert knowledge in EE-/IT-security and Functional Safety engineering
- Profound knowledge of automotive communication networks like CAN and Ethernet as well as communication protocols as TCP/IP, SomeIP and AVB
- Solid background in using state of the art software engineering tools like Enterprise Architect, DOORS, JIRA and PROCOM
- Knowledge about international standards (esp. ISO 12207, ISO 42010, ISO 26262, Automotive SPICE®)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent communication in German and English
- Expertise in Automotive Cyber Security
- Expert knowledge in System Architecture and in Hardware Design
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to work in an office
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.