Summer Intern, EMCFarmington Hills, Michigan Additional Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan Job ID: R-6785-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
HARMAN’s diverse portfolio of businesses and customers offer interns a great opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of projects and practices.
What You Will Do
- Assist technician to setup operation of Harman products prior to EMC HW validation.
- Observe and assist technician with EMC testing following the instructions of the technician.
- Work with technician noting test observations seen. Tasks should include photos, record equipment used, and provide other pertinent information as instructed by the technician and/or EMC lead engineer.
- Help maintain the lab under technician supervision to meet ISO 17025 accreditation and other customer recognitions by following the internal procedures under supervision.
- Help on the day to day lab activities which includes, but not limited to:
- Build and/or repair load boxes and wire harnesses whenever is required,
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas (5’s methodology: Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)
- Other activities assigned by the Lab Manager. All these tasks they will be within the skill set described in this document and/or proper training prior to perform the task
What You Need
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program at an accredited institution having completed your Sophomore year or later
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Must have taken courses in Electrical Engineering
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to confidently interact and present information to senior leaders and executives
- Must work collaboratively with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in an office in Novi, MI
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 23, 2022 through August 12, 2022 and be able to work 40 hours per week depending on workload
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)