Indirect Procurement InternFarmington Hills, Michigan, United States Job ID: 118682 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
Your primary role will be to learn Sourcing fundamentals while also working through projects in sourcing and procurement operations. This intern will potentially have the opportunity to interact with several global team members outside of Sourcing including Engineering, Finance, Operations, Plants, and may also interact with external suppliers.
What You Will Do
- Provide analytical support for Global Strategic Sourcing on assigned projects and ad hoc requests
- Analyze spend data to identify issues and opportunities in support of sourcing initiatives and projects
- Assist in developing and rolling out new Global Contract System.
- Deliver a comprehensive strategic sourcing project from research/analysis, facilitating, and summarizing conclusions and planning next steps
- Review processes and work instructions within Direct Procurement to validate consistent compliance across all business divisions (transparency and issues/opportunities within Procurement)
- Analyze transactional volumes within Indirect Procurement to recommend optimal guided buying channels/purchasing strategies
- Analyze SAP Information Records globally to identify gaps in maintenance/data accuracy. Deliver a recommendation on steps to assure pricing is kept current.
- Implement a comprehensive operational project with compliance validation measures
What You Need
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program at an accredited institution
- Completed courses with a business focus (Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain Management, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and be able to confidently interact and present information to senior leaders and executives
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically Excel to be able to create pivot tables, graphs and build formulas
- Ability to work collaboratively with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
What is Nice to Have
- Previous internship experience
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- HARMAN’s diverse portfolio of businesses and customers offer interns a great opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of projects and practices
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)