Global Warranty ManagerFarmington Hills, Michigan Job ID: 121723 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
- The FCA Customer Global Warranty Manager will work onsite in the HARMAN Farmington Hills office in Michigan, USA.
- This position is responsible for driving and leading Global FCA Warranty performance (C/1000 and EBSC / BidList warranty scores) globally. Also, this position will lead to develop / execute warranty improvements plans for focused sites and products.
- The person in this role will be the voice of the customer within Harman, and will work with FCA and HARMAN cross functional teams globally (program management, engineering, supplier quality and operations) in addressing and managing warranty customer concerns.
This position will be responsible for 4 direct reports located globally.
What You Will Do
- Responsible to meet/exceed FCA global warranty targets (C/1000 and EBSC / BidList warranty scores) for all HARMAN supplied products to FCA globally
- Develop and lead warranty improvements plans for focused sites and products (Top 100 Warranty top FCA focus) for Global FCA HARMAN products
- Responsible for leading, developing and executing R1 (new launch 2020) global warranty plan with FCA and HARMAN.
- Responsible for presenting to FCA senior management warranty performance and improvement action plans
- Responsible to lead and drive warranty proactive reduction activities and improvement plans(Global Tutorship, NTF reduction projects) with FCA and HARMAN cross-functional teams globally
- Responsible to conduct FCA portal training on key modules (ie. EBSC, Bidlist, Warranty, NCT, AQP, Delivery, GIMS) to internal HARMAN organization (Manu. Site, PM, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Supply Chain) to ensure customer requirements are met
- Responsible for providing monthly warranty performance (3MIS, 12MIS) w/ improvement plans (significant C/1000 contributors – part return pareto analysis) for products within region
- Ensure compliance related to Customer specific requirements (CQI-14, TS16949, IATF) that apply to Warranty
- Responsible for managing warranty concerns and leading / collaborating problem solving reviews (8D) with HARMAN functions to ensure containment and corrective actions are driven to closure
What You Need
- 10+ years of previous experience in customer warranty management (FCA preferred experience)
- Experience with statistical methods (warranty risk analysis), problem solving methodologies (8D, 3x5 Why, PPAP, FMEA, and automotive quality management systems
- Experience with customer warranty management (FCA preferred) manufacturing, quality and engineering
- FCA Supplier Portal (FCA warranty management system (WIS, EWT,PRAS, SAWRP)
What is Nice to Have
- ISO 14001, TS 16949 and IATF experience
- 5+ years electronics manufacturing experience desired
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel 10-20% of the time (domestic and international)
- Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- This position requires the use of a use of a HARMAN or customer-owned vehicle. As such, any offer of employment will be contingent upon having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in HARMAN’s sole discretion, no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the organization
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)