Sr. Manager, Connected Car StrategyNovi, Michigan, United States Job ID: 118377 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
Corporate strategy team is looking for analytical, data driven, and research oriented individual who is passionate about the future of Connected Vehicles (Cockpit Electronics, Telematics / 5G / Connectivity, ADAS / Autonomous, New Mobility, Applications / Services). The Sr. Manager of Automotive Strategy will play a key role in driving business-wide initiatives and analyzing global information and business metrics across HARMAN Divisions specifically within the Automotive segment to include Connected Car and Connected Services.The Sr. Manager Automotive Strategy will support and play a key role in influencing key strategic and tactical decisions through various projects including growth planning, competitive, market, and business analyses.
Supervisory Responsibilities:No Direct Reports
Work closely with Sr Director, VP Strategy and Business Unit Leaders to craft strategic plans for the future of the Automotive business units
·Research and gather intelligence related to all facets of automotive market trends (macro-economic, regional) as well as the changing market and industry dynamics and solutions to build a business case to support go-to-market strategy for Automotive business initiatives
·Collaborate with Automotive Business Units (BUs) to create and maintain the total addressable market for each BU as well as current market share data for Harman and market leaders
·Develop detailed profiles of key competitors and craft strategies for competing against them
- Identify attractive adjacencies and proactively develop competitive gap analysis and recommendations
·Create market / competitive intelligence reports and analyses, including:
- Quarterly “state of the industry” report
- Monthly competitive intelligence reports suitable for distribution to the Executive Committee, CEO, and Board of Directors
- Materials for Board of Directors and Investment Committee presentations as needed
- Evaluate HARMAN Connected Car / Automotive positioning within the target market segment and analyze the overall effect of trends that may have an impact on core business and growth initiatives
- Lead the synergy collaboration efforts across Harman-Samsung divisions to capture the technological and market innovations
- Compilation of monthly synergy report (Workstreams, Summary, Financials)
- Lead and manage specific innovation Goals & Objectives (G&O) projects with cross-functional teams
- Assist in the creation of business plans and conduct high-level financial modeling to support strategic initiatives and evaluate global opportunities across all divisions
- Lead development of annual Connected Car Megatrends “white paper”
- Master’s Degree inBusiness Administration, Finance, or Engineering
- 8+ years of experience with increasing responsibility
- Experience in Automotive industry (OEM, Tier 1, Tier 2, Consulting / Analyst)
- Understanding of automotive value chain and end-to-end eco-system (from chipsets to cloud)
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience within the technology sector
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to perform advanced calculations, compile data and prepare charts and reports
- Expert presentation skills to effectively deliver complex data-driven insights to senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and effective relationships across technical and business teams globally (internal and external)
- Ability to learn new concepts, technologies, and businesses quickly and to produce high-quality work in short time frames
- Ability to use common sense working in high integrity, high standard, professional, and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Experience in the global automotive market and industry analysis concepts
·MBA strongly preferred
- 2-5 year experience in a strategy consulting / banking
- Working knowledge of Automotive Infotanment / Telematics / Connected services
- Research work experience – master thesis or research organization
- Excellent writing skills (reports, white papers)
- High proficiency in financial modeling and executive presentations
- Willingness to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally.
- Willingness to work in the Novi, MI office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires the use of a HARMAN or customer-owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)