Audio,Business Development, Installed Performance SystemsChicago, Illinois, United States Job ID: 117633 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
The Business Development Manager, Installed Performance Systems, will be responsible for working with our consultant and engineering partners, independent sales rep force, end high level users in addition to other teams within Harman to drive sales while building trust in both our brands and culture. This leadership role focus primarily on Preformance projects but will also be called a pone to assisting key customers with other system designs and technical support. They are responsible for developing new strategic partnerships with professionals within the Installed Performance & Theatrical verticals as well as maintain those that Harman has already cultivated. The successful candidate will be part of a team consisting of other highly motivated audio and technically strong subject matter experts. This team will be responsible for generating and forecasting revenue at/or above $100MM annually.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Coordinate with team members and clients across several time zones
- Formulate preliminary designs, equipment packages, and pricing
- Track opportunities via CRM
- Work with channel teams to build new and grow existing customer relationships
- Work closely with other Harman sales teams, specifically our Control/Video and Lighting groups to facilitate Harman system designs
- Collaborate with product management, channel, marketing, HPROU, and other internal teams on new product launches future products.
- Establish key relationships with Partners at all levels
- Support consultants, engineers and high level end-users with audio system designs and account management.
- Meet with new Performance and Theatrical clients and designers.
- Present educational content to system designers.
- Work with other Harman teams (CAG & others) and independent reps to build new and grow existing relationships.
- Coordinate and track projects with other Harman teams.
- Experience in the professional audio industry including audio system design
- Performance and Theatrical project design experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge base of all Harman audio offerings.
- Project management and executive sales experience.
- Experience with project and sales tracking software (CRM) a plus.
- Teaching and/or client presentation experience required.
- Knowledge of competitive products.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents, drawings and specifications.
- Strong communication, leadership and collaboration skills
- CRM, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint software understanding preferred.
- Self-motivation with the ability to be productive from a home-office environment.
- 10+ years in the professional audio industry including audio system design
- Previous job history with an audio consultant, audio integrator or production house
- Deep technical knowledge of audio system theory and application
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- MBA Preferred
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
- Willingness to work in a home based office within the US.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)