Sr. Reg. Mgr, Integrated Demand Planning, Eu & APACBudapest, Hungary Additional Location: Budapest, Hungary Job ID: R-6849-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Sr. Regional Manager SIOP (Sales Inventory and Operations Planning) is responsible to lead and drive all activities related to demand planning for the region. The individual is an established leader who takes ownership of issues impacting demand planning and resolves them from start to end. This leader works across a cross functional team ensuring each member delivers to their functional responsibilities. The individual leads a team of demand planners who are regional owners of the monthly consensus demand planning process. The successful candidate acts as an active liaison between demand (CBU-s etc.) side and supply (Plants, Procurement etc.) side.
What You Will Do
- Highly visible leader taking ownership of all activities related to all Demand Planning for the region.
- Champion of driving progress, continuous improvements and efficiencies across the operational landscape utilizing latest technologies available.
- Is a Subject matter expert for all aspects of Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) processes + ERP systems, and drives solutions to mitigate problems before they impact our business.
- Regional owner of the SIOP Consensus Demand Planning Process ensuring strict adherence to the process by all related parties. Actively participates in all monthly consensus meetings to prepare the best case customer demand forecast (including for new programs and end of life); hence driving an optimal forecasting accuracy.
- Facilitates the successful transfer of this monthly consensus forecast from IBP (BW) to SAP to drive production planning and hence MRP releases to suppliers.
- Leads the preparation of component forecast data sets (BOM explosions, where used etc.) for bi-annual supplier negotiations for the procurement team.
- Works actively with all business functions including but not limited to with Sales, Finance, Operations, Procurement, and Program Management and Plants.
- Owner of documentation, communication, training and deployment of standard, best practice SIOP policies, processes and procedures regionally.
- Leads and manages a Team of regional SIOP demand planners (direct reports).
- Develop standard key metrics and reporting standards for to drive results and continuous improvements.
- Participates in Plant’s capacity reviews.
- Co-owner of long-term inventory management, including inventory level evaluations.
- Communicates effectively on all levels of the organization.
What You Need
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or related technical discipline. Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Proven Team building and performance management skills.
- Very strong analytical and mathematical/statistical skills required.
- SAP ERP subject matter expert (SME). Data extraction and report generation experience within the SAP ERP system.
- 7-10 years of experience related supply chain management or product planning or finance
- Three years of related experience with SIOP or SOP planning.
- Solid knowledge of Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Logistics operations,
- High proficiency Microsoft applications such as Excel, Microsoft Word, Dbase, Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk
What is Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related technical discipline.
What Makes You Eligible
- Strong analytical and mathematical/statistical skills.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Excellent discount on HARMAN products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG, etc.)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)