Senior Software Engineer - Cross PlatformBudapest, Hungary Job ID: R-14904-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Senior Software Engineer – Cross Platform position is a key role in terms of ownership and delivery of applications for multiple product series. The Software Engineer will be responsible for successful development and delivery of projects, working with the agile team. A strong sense of delivery ownership, technical prowess and excellent communication skills would be mandatory for this role in the team.
What you will do
- Mentors/guides team of Software Engineering professionals
- Ensures successful execution and delivery of engineering platform/framework, and continuous improvement of the organization's ability to execute them.
- Communicates effectively with Development, Product Management and other teams to enable planning, problem-solving, and shipping products.
- Involve in design, development and peer review and leads-by-example.
- Desire to improve code quality and build highly stable, responsive applications.
- Work with QA and product teams to develop test plans.
What you need
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree or better in Computer Science or related area
- 6 years or more of total experience and at least 4 years of relevant experience is a must
- MUST HAVE SKILLS: Qt, QML, C++11, C++14, Multi threading OS concepts, Objected Oriented Programming concepts, Design concepts
- Agile software development experience; Certification will be a bonus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals
- Ability to be detail-oriented and effectively document code
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies
- Ability to handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- Must be self-starter and a team player
- Should be a technical leader who inspires other teammates
- Ability to work effectively with other teams
- Should have excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Experience working with globally distributed team is preferred
- Knowledge or experience in audio domain/ industry would be an added advantage!
What We Offer
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration.
- Access to employee discounts on world-class Harman products. (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.