Senior Category Manager, Global Passive PartsBudapest, Hungary Additional Location: Budapest, Hungary Job ID: R-14988-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
What You Will Do
- Guide the team of category managers in the category passive team
- Actively manage the end-to-end global strategic sourcing and procurement process related to global passive components
- Provide innovative strategies for optimizing global sourcing effectiveness
- Coordinate and work with both corporate and regional stakeholders to establish and implement long-term strategic goals to continually enhance Harman’s market position
- Establish strong vendor relationships, effectively manage category supply base, perform advanced and intricate negotiations, and oversee selection of key vendors
- Ensure expedient and compliant implementation of new contracts throughout organization.
- Actively monitor vendor and internal performance against contracts, industry benchmarks, and previous baselines on a quarterly basis.
- Identify and evaluate market changes and new technologies -- make appropriate fact-based recommendations for adoption by Harman stakeholders
- Manage and/or lead preparation and evaluation of RFIs and RFPs
- Oversee roll-out of new vendor contracts and processes to all users
- Ensure resilience in passive category, follow closely market trends, consolidate and make reports for stakeholders
- Developing internal network with stakeholders
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or electrical engineering discipline
- 8-10 years strategic sourcing experience, cost analysis, negotiation, self motivated, detailed oriented, quick learner.
- Fluency in English
- Desired experience in Electrical components sourcing and procurement activities within a manufacturing dominated business environment.
- Proven experience in contract management and supplier management.
- Excellent market research and trend analysis skills
- Strong strategic/long-range planning skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to simplify complex scenarios and communicate straight to the point
What We Offer
- Be a part of an international team working with the world’s largest automotive manufacturers
- Attractive salary package
- Career development opportunities
- Employee discounts on our HARMAN (JBL®, AKG®, HARMAN Kardon®) products
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)