Project ManagerBudapest, Hungary Job ID: 125518 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
Your job will be to manage NPI, product sustaining and regulatory compliance projects. Ensure all projects are executed according to agreed metrics and processes. You will be an integral part of planning and execution legacy product redesign projects to comply with latest standards and market presence. You are expected to provide strong leadership in managing interrelated projects and programs to ensure successful delivery. Strong project management and excellent organizational skills are fundamental, as is the ability to liaise with people at all levels of the organization. We expect excellent verbal and written communication abilities since you will be communicating between many layers in the company.
What You Will Do
- Planning and executing NPI, Sustaining and Regulatory Compliance Projects in accordance with the defined stage-gate model
- Develop Gantt schedules includes development of a WBS, resource allocations, costs, critical path generation and project tracking.
- Prepare project development budgets including prototypes, samples, outside services, etc. Includes capital plans and Capital Authorization Requests.
- Develop control systems to monitor project progress and develop corrective actions to keep projects on track. Employ negotiating skills to resolve intra and inter team conflicts.
- Develop a responsibility matrix and team charter for communicating program requirements to all team members. Chair team meetings on an on-going basis to obtain project feedback.
- Coordination and follow up on agreed activities within each project
- Ongoing risk management evaluating the risk and taking the necessary actions
- Updating budget with cost, used time and resources with support from the project controller
- Manage Purchase Orders during ongoing projects
- Securing the right documentation for gate passages
- Reporting to the PMO and presenting to management steering committee meetings, keep close cooperation with stakeholders and suppliers
- Develop and maintain project performance metrics including the publishing of reports and corrective action summaries
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of Project Management experience.
- Proven experience in working with or for a professional PMO setup within the area of new product development
- Experience running projects with mechanical and electrical engineering is required.
- Experience managing 3rd party suppliers for local board builds, mechanical fabrication is required.
- Develop Gantt schedules. Includes development of a WBS, resource allocations, costs, critical path generation and project tracking.
What is Nice to Have
- PMP certification
- SCRUM framework knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Jira, Confluence. Being able to report the status from Jira on progress, dependencies and etc.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel 10%, may include some international travel
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is “politically savvy” and a team player.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.