Internal Auditor (Hybrid)Budapest, Hungary Additional Location: Budapest, Hungary Job ID: R-6715-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Internal Auditor Europe performs financial statement, control, operational and compliance audits for all Harman divisions. This position will perform specific reviews, consultations, research projects or other tasks as directed. From time to time, this position will work closely with the company’s external auditors.
What You Will Do
- Participates in all aspects of audits of Harman businesses including the planning, control analysis, testing, issue development and reporting (audit report) phases. Make recommendations to correct any audit deficiencies identified.
- Conducts fieldwork in accordance with the audit plan and approved programs and guidelines.
- Develop procedures, schedules, priorities and programs for achieving audit objectives and goals. Improve internal processes.
- Prepare complex audit reports using advanced writing skills.
- Engages in dialogue with management and various control partners identifying and assessing risks and controls.
- Identifies best practices in control design and operational effectiveness and develops cost-effective recommendations / solutions.
- Collaborates with other team members to execute across a wide array of business process reviews.
- Audits financial statements in accordance with IFRS and SEGAM policies.
- There will be exposure to senior management throughout the organization. In addition, this individual will work closely with managers and partners from third party organizations providing joint internal audit support.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Economics
- 3+ years post qualification experience
- Experience at the “Big Four” accounting firms
- Comfortable with leading edge risk assessment methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Hungarian and English (fluent)
- Demonstrated track record of working under deadlines in a fast paced environment, adapting to changing priorities and accomplishing objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, be proactive, take the initiative, be a self starter, and frequently exceeds expectations and delivers outstanding results
- Demonstrated ability to function at varied levels including “hands on”detail work and higher level strategic thinking along with the ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate with others, inspire high performance, promote collegial open communication and obtain “buy in” from others across the organization
- Prioritizes organizational interests and understands and analyzes impacts of actions to the business with a demonstrated ability of proactive and forward thinking including looking for opportunities and continuous improvements for the business.
- Possesses excellent data analysis skills and attention to detail to grasp complex situations with changing circumstances to develop well reasoned solutions to get the job done while balancing risks.
- Assumes ownership, control and accountability for all areas of responsibility and commitments made to others
What is Nice to Have
- Project management experience
- Internal Audit experience
- SAP knowledge
- CPA/ CIA/CFE/CISA qualification – a plus
- MBA – a plus
- IT audit background – a plus
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Budapest, Hungary
What We Offer
- Flexible working from home schedule (2 days / week available)
- Be a part of an international team and explore our career development opportunities
- Attractive salary package, “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)