Document Control SpecialistBudapest, Hungary Job ID: 125506 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Requisition Id :125506
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
Support product development and introduction through processing and reviewing engineering documentation ensuring that Harman standard conventions and processes are followed, including utilizing Harman’s PLM system for document storage, change management, and release processes.
What You Will Do
- Analyze and process Engineering Changes engineering technical documents.
- Assist Engineering as needed in creating Engineering documentation.
- Support Engineering Authorized Deviation process as required.
- Manage the item master information ensuring correct information. Report discrepancies, and coordinate the updating process.
- Support Design Engineering by monitoring the development activity of initial new releases of product and accompanying technical documents.
- Participate in the creation and updating of departmental procedures, and publish monthly reports. Create statistical reports and graphs.
- Provides timely and accurate response on tasks (part number creation, BOM, creation, etc.) to support other departments requiring document control resources.
- Ensures timely processing and archiving of released documents.
- Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness and format.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What You Need
- BS/BA preferred; or a combination of relevant education plus sufficient experience in a technical environment.
- Minimum of two years experience in engineering documentation for an electronic manufacturer
- Minimum of two years experience within an MRP and/or Demand Flow environment.
- Proficient in PC use, including Word and Excel in a Windows environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to analyze and prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to work independently.
What is Nice to Have
- Knowledge or experience in engineering, product development, electronics, computer-aided design, quality assurance.
- Consumer electronics manufacturing experience.
- Understanding of procurement and material planning processes.
- Ability to handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and standardize technical procedures.
- Ability to use computer programs and tools to develop appropriate and efficient solutions.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and all operating or training procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, engineering staff, and production areas.
- Ability to input and manipulate SAP data. (Materials, BOM’s, Change Control Numbers, Document Links, etc.)
- Experience with PLM systems. (preferred PTC, Windchill.)
- Ability to handle a variety of differing projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate precisely across cultural and global boundaries.
- Ability to teach, train, and support engineers on technical processes.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel up to 10%.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.