Category ManagerBudapest, Hungary Additional Location: Budapest, Hungary Job ID: R-21658-2022
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things.
Our leading brands are: AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®.
More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems.
Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile.
HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 40,000 people across the globe. In Hungary, app. 4000 people work in Budapest (180), Pécs (1000), Székesfehévár including two plants and SSC (2900).
You will actively manage the end-to-end global strategic sourcing and procurement processes for electrical components and provide innovative strategies for optimizing global sourcing effectiveness.
- Coordinate and work with both corporate and regional stakeholders to establish and implement long-term strategic goals
- Establish strong supplier relationships, effectively manage category supply base, perform advanced negotiations, and oversee selection of key suppliers
- Negotiate global contracts and ensure expedient and compliant implementation
- Actively monitor supplier and internal performance against contracts, industry benchmarks, and previous baselines
- Identify and evaluate market changes and new technologies and make appropriate fact-based recommendations
- Manage and/or lead preparation and evaluation of RFx
- Manage top critical components for production through supplier escalations and internal alignment
- Continuously benchmark prices of components from various manufacturers
- Support new programs with supplier and component recommendation
- Maintain component info records in ERP system, Create regular and ad-hoc category reports
- Organize quarterly business review meetings with top suppliers
- Be up to date about capacity expansion of suppliers and visit these facilities
- Close cooperation with Best Cost Analytics and Component Engineering team
- Bachelor’s degree preferable in engineering
- 5 years strategic sourcing experience, negotiation and cost analysis
- Experience in Electronics sourcing and procurement activities within a manufacturing-dominated business environment
- Proven experience in contract management and supplier management
- Excellent market research and trend analysis skills
- Strong strategic planning, analytical and communication skills
- SAP (ERP) skills, expert in excel and willingness in analyzing and managing large amounts of dynamically changing data
- Willingness to learn key technical parameters of components
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, quick learner.
What We Offer:
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
- Scholarship programs for employee family members
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.(www.harman.com)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)