Category Manager, SourcingBudapest, Hungary Additional Location: Budapest, Hungary Job ID: R-7491-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The position will manage and execute the category sourcing strategy and savings objectives. The successful candidate will manage all activities relating to global supply base including contracts, commercial/pricing, supply assurance, innovation and conflict resolution and supply chain risks. The successful candidate will oversee and implement category strategies through alignment with HARMAN business units, engineering, quality and manufacturing activities. Requires knowledge of the business units technology and product roadmaps and specific expertise in the procurement of audio equipment and accessories both at component and finsihed goods level.
What You Will Do
- Oversee, conduct, and actively manage the end-to-end strategic sourcing and procurement process.
- Provide thought leadership and innovative strategies for optimizing sourcing effectiveness and identify potential supply chain risks.
- Create and develop a strategic global sourcing plan that fosters the highest level of commitment to continuous improvement in product quality, cost, and delivery within the category assigned worldwide, for the Professional Audio Division.
- Identity and execute projects, implement, and track these projects with the purpose of continuous cost reduction, supplier consolidation and supplier performance improvement
- Work as the interface of Pro division with global sourcing on procedures, processes and strategy definition/implementation as well as tools implementation. Including creation and maintenance of Purchase Info Records, Master Data and ERP files that drive the business.
- Organize and lead regular QBR with strategic suppliers to track, report and drive continuous improvement on vendor performance metrics.
- Develop and execute category sourcing strategies in alignment with product roadmap and cross functional stakeholders at HARMAN to consolidate and optimize supply base.
- Establish strong vendor relationships, effectively manage category supply base, perform advanced and intricate negotiations to realize annual savings, and oversee selection of key vendors.
- Ensure expedient and compliant implementation of new contracts throughout organization.
- Actively monitor vendor and internal performance against contracts, industry benchmarks, and previous baselines on a quarterly basis.
- Identify, track and evaluate market changes and new technologies -- make appropriate fact-based recommendations for adoption by HARMAN stakeholders.
- Build and manage base line spend (history and forecast) date for Professional Audio category. Perform operational review of contract performance and spending for categories.
- Monitors category trends and conducts market research/benchmarking as needed.
- Manage and/or support preparation and evaluation of RFIs and RFPs.
- Direct the negotiations of major contracts with suppliers to stabilize the commercial relationship and establishes processes to make sure that both parties are meeting their obligations. Terms and Conditions, Supplier Quality Manuals, Material Authorization Agreements and Letters of Authorization.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in English and Hungarian
- Excellent data analytics and presentation skills
- Global category operations or sourcing experience, preferably in Europe and South East Asia
- Minimum 8+ years of procurement/operations experience.
- Prior experience in sourcing and negotiating direct materials and finished goods using strategic category management techniques to achieve results.
- Must possess the social intelligence to influence contractual negotiations to benefit HARMAN’s position.
What is Nice to Have
- Bilingual fluency in Mandarin
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
- 5+ years of working experiences with OEM, JDM or ODM on complex product or subassembly from new Product Development through End of Life.
- Experience in successfully using benchmarking and cost analysis tools to deliver negotiation outcomes to exceed the market index.
- Thorough program/project management skills.
- Strong skills with: Supplier management, negotiation, contract development/analysis, supplier evaluation, price/cost analysis.
- Solid understanding of risk management techniques.
- Excellent market research and trend analysis skills.
- Strong strategic/long-range planning skills.
- Good financial analysis skills.
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel frequently between South East Asia and Europe.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
What We Offer
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)