Category Manager, Electro-Mechanical ProcurementBudapest, Hungary Additional Location: Budapest, Hungary| Székesfehérvár, Hungary Job ID: R-295-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
This role will manage the assigned packages in the global Electromechanical category and report to the Senior Manager, Elecro-Mechanical Category, Global Procurement. This person will be responsible to develop category strategy and capable & competitive supply base to support business growth, create and execute cost savings initiatives working to meet corporate savings goals by executing year on year productivity negotiations as well as managing and leading VA/VE efforts to optimize spend in assigned categories. This person will support NPI initiatives and work with engineering to cost model and facilitate best costs for the purpose of winning new business.
What You Will Do
- Oversee, conduct, and actively manage the end-to-end strategic sourcing and procurement process.
- Manage and/or lead preparation and evaluation of RFIs and RFPs
- Establish strong vendor relationships, effectively manage category supply base, perform advanced and intricate negotiations, and fulfill necessary actions in support of the Source Board vendor selection process for each program
- Actively monitor vendor and internal performance against contracts, industry benchmarks, and previous baselines on a frequent basis.
- Ensure supplier commercial and operational processes and principles meet Harman’s requirements in support of best cost, financial performance, and technical capabilities.
- Coordinate and work with both corporate and regional stakeholders to establish and implement long-term strategic goals to continually enhance Harman’s market position
- Ensure expedient and compliant implementation of new contracts throughout the organization.
- Identify and evaluate market changes and new technologies - make appropriate fact-based recommendations for adoption by Harman stakeholders
- Create and develop strategies and sourcing plans that foster the highest level of commitment to continuous improvement in category and service quality, cost, delivery, service, and technology.
- Lead, direct and manage any Harman commercial negotiations involving the assigned categories and services. Coordinates and orchestrates technical negotiations with the appropriate stakeholder authorized personnel.
- Drives & Innovates suppliers’ improvements and performance by identifying and implementing solutions to business problems, independently, cross-functional, and globally as appropriate within assigned categories. Interfaces with every key functions and levels of the businesses as required.
- Execution of stated goals and objectives toward the defined annual operating and strategic plans of Harman International where applicable.
- Oversee roll-out of new vendor contracts and processes to all users
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or Engineering discipline
- 6+ years strategic sourcing, cost analysis, negotiations experience
- Proven experience in contract management and supplier management
- Excellent market research and trend analysis skills
- Strong strategic/long-range planning skills
What Is Nice To Have
- Desired experience in Electro-mechanical advanced sourcing and procurement activities within a manufacturing dominated business environment (preferably in automotive or consumer electronics industries)
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)